Google better not fuck this up, we NEED a third faction

1 minute ago, Pureis said:

It's been 20 years since the console market last saw a new competitor. The current 3 may not be ready.

The only one in a position to handle a coming change to the market via the level Google and Amazon could bring is Microsoft. 

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The only one in a position to handle a coming change to the market via the level Google and Amazon could bring is Microsoft. 

Funny because they haven’t even been able to handle Nintendo and Sony :mj:

• Haha 3

I have to say that Facebook has really fucked up. Now, they're losing money with their Facebook data-gathering business, they should've started growing their video game business a while ago.

When Google does something, they move quickly. I have a sneaking suspicion that Google is going to cause a big ripple in getting indie games. They could have their development tools be a website, where you design the game, test it, and then upload to Google for approval and it shows up on their game store.

Wouldn't surprise me if they have a deal in place with Ubisoft. In fact, I had long suspected that Ubisoft should've already had a new Splinter Cell game to show. Maybe Google secured it as an exclusive.  Its a slow moving, it'd probably work well with streaming.

• Upvote 1

I hope google get some quality games up and running. Now that xbox is officially dead we are in desperate need of a new faction. We need something to compete with sony.

7 minutes ago, teh_4th said:

Did I miss something? Was halo MCC going to PC really the straw that broke the camels back?

It's the equivalent of Nintendo putting all past and future Mario games on Steam.