I think MS is going to purchase Valve

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Just for timeline's sake, is this before or after they buy EA?

Why else would they release their games on Steam?  Lack of sales on other platforms? :D MS doesn't give a crap about money right now.  They are currently building a gaming empire.

Why would MS need the piddly Halo sales from Steam?  They're adding their games to steam now because their purchase of Valve is a done deal.  Let's see what transpires in the short to longer term.

Edited by S#$@%^i
3 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

Why else would they release their games on Steam?  Lack of sales on other platforms? :D MS doesn't give a crap about money right now.  They are currently building a gaming empire.

Why would MS need the piddly Halo sales from Steam?  They're adding their games to steam now because their purchase of Valve is a done deal.  Let's see what transpires in the short to longer term.

MS was looking at acquiring a high end franchise/development studio.  Maybe they could revive Half Life?  Plus they would now own Steam.. What could be better.  Steam is like the peanut butter on your Windows OS bagel.

Edited by S#$@%^i
6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

And give the franchise to Rare.

Not the point.  Different business decisions for different scenarios.  Whatever business decision for acquiring Rare all those years ago has no bearing on the reason MS will purchase Valve.  They can and they WILL.