Disney owns Fox and will be in charge of Xmen now

X Gon' Give It To Ya  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the same cast or start fresh?

• keep the same cast
    • start fresh
    • keep everyone except jennifer lawrence

The deal closes next wedesday, While Xmen Dark Phoenix comes out this summer June 7th, supposedly wraps the franchise up with a couple deaths and the end of contracts for the cast. Should MCU/Disney keep the same people and the characters they play in their future take on xmen?

Id say yes, except Jlaw who Im a fan of but in Xmen, she looks like she's phoning it in

Fassbender must have signed an awful contract in order to keep showing up in those movies. In fact, Fassbender has been in a ton of shitty movies within the past few years.

I'd keep McAvoy and Fassbender, and replace the rest.

They have to find a new Wolverine anyways because Hugh Jackman is done. And they had cast Channing Tatum as Gambit a couple of years ago, I don't what happened with that, but I don't think he'd be good in that role.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Fassbender must have signed an awful contract in order to keep showing up in those movies. In fact, Fassbender has been in a ton of shitty movies within the past few years.

I'd keep McAvoy and Fassbender, and replace the rest.

They have to find a new Wolverine anyways because Hugh Jackman is done. And they had cast Channing Tatum as Gambit a couple of years ago, I don't what happened with that, but I don't think he'd be good in that role.

the key is to only watch the good movies with godbender. :bow: 

in other words: the alien reboot. :bow: 

Edited by kaz

Put Ryan Coogler in charge after he does the Black Panther movies.  XMen are an allegory of the civil rights movement with Dr. King on one side and Malcolm X on the other.  Ryan Coogler is the perfect director to handle that type of material.

The best news from all this is that Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Silver Surfer all can now be in the MCU. Dr. Doom as the next big bad after Thanos is perfect. He's one of the best villains Marvel has to offer.

And to answer your question, Disney is going to recast all of it. Dark Phoenix is the last film in that iteration of the X-men. Logan was the perfect swan song for Wolverine too.

Edited by Ike

Fuck DIsney. 

They are the reason all the Marvel shows on Netflix got cancelled. 

and they are the reason Star Wars suck now.  

People bitching about Amazon, Walmart becoming a monopoly, they need to be worried about fucking Disney buying up every network and studio in Hollywood, Chicago, and Universal Studios. 

27 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Fuck DIsney. 

They are the reason all the Marvel shows on Netflix got cancelled. 

and they are the reason Star Wars suck now.  

People bitching about Amazon, Walmart becoming a monopoly, they need to be worried about fucking Disney buying up every network and studio in Hollywood, Chicago, and Universal Studios. 

You're acting like Star Wars was any good since the original trilogy. Hell, even RotJ had some bad parts. Rian Johnson was solely responsible for The Last Jedi along with Kathleen Kennedy. TFA wasn't as bad and I have some hope Abrams can help with Episode IX. Rogue One featured the single best cinematic moment in Star Wars period. The Mandalorian is looking promising especially with Jon Favreau involved as show runner.

Disney's approach with Marvel has been very hands off and that's why it's succeeded both commercially and critically. Kevin Fiege has had full control over the narrative of the MCU since Iron Man. He does give his director's creative freedom though and you can tell in the difference from a say a Russo Brother's movie (Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War) versus something like Ant-Man or Thor Ragnarok.

It's also completely separate from the Netflix-verse. They only casually name dropped events from the films but that was ultimately Netflix running the show on all those along with separate show runners. Disney wants their own streaming service, so what? CBS is already doing that and Star Trek and the new Twilight Zone will are both only available through CBS's service.

Its looking more and more likely that Marvel is going to stop using Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. because they're becoming too expensive, especially RDJ.

So, in order to continue making Avengers moves, they'd probably have to plug-in X-men characters. But they need to get an X-men movie off the ground in order to cast the next actors who will be Cyclops/Wolverine/Gambit, and then introduce them to the Avengers.