Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

Boeing flights have finally been grounded in the US, as well

I work for them:

tenor.gif?itemid=4372619

• Haha 1

Saw that Al Jazeera report from 2014 regarding the 787 Dreamliner, you can find it on youtube, its called Boeing 787 Broken Dreams.

The workers that they have in Everett, WA still have a long history of high quality. But apparently management if cutting corners and having their planes made in Missouri by a bunch of shitty bottom of the barrel workers who are ex-Subway employees.

It really seems like that merger with McDonnell Douglas back in 1997 really changed the trajectory of the company. Instead of being a prestigious company, they started getting cheaper and crappier like McDonnell Douglas.

That Al-Jazeera report is pretty damning, and it doesn't surprise me if they are cutting corners on the 737 Max 8 as well.

In this case, from what I had been reading, they switched to a newer, powerful engine, and the engines are placed further up. And the thing is that the more-powerful engine thrust increases the chances of creating a stall, so they CHANGED the Autopilot system with that in mind. Because of a bad sensor, it thinks that the plane is at an angle (that it really isn't) and thinks that its entering a stall. So the Autopilot is programmed to point the nose down to get out of the stall.

The pilots didn't know why it was doing that, because Boeing didn't implement new training with those changes in the Autopilot. Boeing basically said "these new 737's operate the same as the previous versions of the 737, so no new training required."

And since the pilots turn on the Autopilot system after liftoff, this problem occurs at a lower elevation, which means that the pilots probably could've figured it out with enough time to troubleshoot, but they didn't have enough time

At least five American pilots from domestic airlines said that this happened to them in October and November last year.  They figured it out fast enough to avoid catastrophe, but they sent anonymous complaints to the FAA saying that the Manual and the training was "almost criminally inadequate."

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Saw that Al Jazeera report from 2014 regarding the 787 Dreamliner, you can find it on youtube, its called Boeing 787 Broken Dreams.

The workers that they have in Everett, WA still have a long history of high quality. But apparently management if cutting corners and having their planes made in Missouri by a bunch of shitty bottom of the barrel workers who are ex-Subway employees.

It really seems like that merger with McDonnell Douglas back in 1997 really changed the trajectory of the company. Instead of being a prestigious company, they started getting cheaper and crappier like McDonnell Douglas.

That Al-Jazeera report is pretty damning, and it doesn't surprise me if they are cutting corners on the 737 Max 8 as well.

In this case, from what I had been reading, they switched to a newer, powerful engine, and the engines are placed further up. And the thing is that the more-powerful engine thrust increases the chances of creating a stall, so they CHANGED the Autopilot system with that in mind. Because of a bad sensor, it thinks that the plane is at an angle (that it really isn't) and thinks that its entering a stall. So the Autopilot is programmed to point the nose down to get out of the stall.

The pilots didn't know why it was doing that, because Boeing didn't implement new training with those changes in the Autopilot. Boeing basically said "these new 737's operate the same as the previous versions of the 737, so no new training required."

And since the pilots turn on the Autopilot system after liftoff, this problem occurs at a lower elevation, which means that the pilots probably could've figured it out with enough time to troubleshoot, but they didn't have enough time

At least five American pilots from domestic airlines said that this happened to them in October and November last year.  They figured it out fast enough to avoid catastrophe, but they sent anonymous complaints to the FAA saying that the Manual and the training was "almost criminally inadequate."

I made a similar post on my Facebook and a couple of people on there who are America first dick riders attacked me with being anti America.  WTF does this have to do with that? I asked. Then they they both deleted their post and unfriended me 😂.  

Just now, lostfool said:

I made a similar post on my Facebook and a couple of people on there who are America first dick riders attacked me with being anti America.  WTF does this have to do with that? I asked. Then they they both deleted their post and unfriended me 😂.  

They didn't count on having a backup argument besides "dey tuk der jerrrrbs!" eh?

They've trained us well. We've grown to accept lower quality and lower expectations from America companies.

The most amazing thing I can think of is bottled water. People weren't fucking buying bottled water in the 90's. if you wanted water, you'd get some out of your faucet.

Except, we knew there was something going on with the water. There was never an announcement, or a news report. We just all eventually noticed when we drank the water, we said to ourselves ".....uh, there's some shit in this water."

And right around the late 90's......we started getting these local "Water filtration" stations near grocery-store parking lots.  Those immediately attracted people, to fill up gallons of water. Bottled water felt like something that was for rich pricks with money to burn. You never had regular stores stacking SHELVES, or a sizable chunk of the aisle with bottled-water.

And somewhere during the early 00's, it became fashionable to buy bottled-water. By the late-00's, it was generally understood that IF you wanted to drink water, the most common way was to buy bottled water. Nobody trusted the local faucet in your kitchen anymore. An entire business industry grew out of American people slowly no longer trusting the quality of public water. And nobody said a fucking word. That's how whipped we are.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except, we knew there was something going on with the water. There was never an announcement, or a news report. We just all eventually noticed when we drank the water, we said to ourselves ".....uh, there's some shit in this water."

Lmao

And bottled water is slowly going out of style due to rising pollution awareness. Hope they get banned like the plastic bag in major cities

35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They didn't count on having a backup argument besides "dey tuk der jerrrrbs!" eh?

They've trained us well. We've grown to accept lower quality and lower expectations from America companies.

The most amazing thing I can think of is bottled water. People weren't fucking buying bottled water in the 90's. if you wanted water, you'd get some out of your faucet.

And right around the late 90's......we started getting these local "Water filtration" stations near grocery-store parking lots.  Those immediately attracted people, to fill up gallons of water. Bottled water felt like something that was for rich pricks with money to burn. You never had regular stores stacking SHELVES, or a sizable chunk of the aisle with bottled-water.

And somewhere during the early 00's, it became fashionable to buy bottled-water. By the late-00's, it was generally understood that IF you wanted to drink water, the most common way was to buy bottled water. Nobody trusted the local faucet in your kitchen anymore. An entire business industry grew out of American people slowly no longer trusting the quality of public water. And nobody said a fucking word. That's how whipped we are.

Well the bottled water serves two industries with powerful lobby groups.  The oil industry for the plastic that uses oil and companies like Hersheys.  They have turned something that is and should be free into a commodity.  I am guilty of using non tap water.  I use the large refillable jugs for my dispenser and pay 1.50 per 5 gallons.  Unfortunately my tap water is awful and tastes like chlorine.  I tested it and it has nearly 30 times the amount of chlorine that tap water is supposed to have.  The water I fill my jugs with have trace amounts of chlorine. I complained to the city and they don't give a shit.  So I spent the money to get a water filtration system installed and it works great for everything else except the chlorine.  My water now has  5 times the amount that it is supposed to have and while it is a huge improvement, it still tastes like chlorine.  It should be criminal for the city to ignore this problem.  According to the CDC chlorinated tap water increases cancer risks by up to 93%.  

Just now, Bodycount N said:

I'm gonna die aren't I :ben: 

1938542970_ScreenShot2019-03-22at4_46_12PM.thumb.png.cf99d3df801d72592c3db8628eb56e72.pngbooked in january before the controversy. 

737 Max 8 :deadest:

RIP homie :salute:

4 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

I'm gonna die aren't I :ben: 

1938542970_ScreenShot2019-03-22at4_46_12PM.thumb.png.cf99d3df801d72592c3db8628eb56e72.pngbooked in january before the controversy. 

737 Max 8 :deadest:

Well at least you'll get their Bistro pre-packaged lunch....erm nevermind; they don't hand those out until you've at least reached altitude... :reg:

i may cancel. fuck this :ben: 

787 and a 737. Holy shit, just my luck. Know nothing about planes + this is my first flight ever pretty much.

Edited by Bodycount N

granted the ones that went down were in like somalia or ethiopia or some shit. 

Canadian pilots are probably better trained.

5 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

i may cancel. fuck this :ben: 

787 and a 737. Holy shit, just my luck. Know nothing about planes + this is my first flight ever pretty much.

Call them first, as Air Canada has removed them from service until July 1st.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-air-canada-grounds-boeing-737-max-8-jets-until-at-least-july-1-to/

Air Canada has decided to remove its grounded Boeing 737 Max 8 jets from service until at least July 1 in order to provide more certainty for passengers that wish to book flights in the coming months.

Canada’s largest airline announced Tuesday that it has taken several steps to adjust since the Max 8s were grounded last week by Transport Canada as part of an international response to the March 10 crash of an Ethiopian Airlines plane.

The plane is still safe and you're going to be fine. You're more likely to die on the way to/from the airport rather than on the plane. And I'm not totally not saying this because Boeing pays me... :meh:

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

granted the ones that went down were in like somalia or ethiopia or some shit. 

Canadian pilots are probably better trained.

Has nothing to do with the country/pilot nationality. There's a buggy sensor, that apparently we purchased, still grounded as a precaution.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/air-canada-westjet-purchased-safety-option-reportedly-missing-on-crashed-planes-1.4346085

Canada's two largest airlines have at least one of the optional safety features on their Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft that were reportedly lacking on the jets that crashed in Ethiopia and Indonesia.

Air Canada and WestJet Airlines both say they purchased disagree lights used by the aircraft's software system during flight to avert stalls.

The New York Times has reported the Ethiopian Airlines and Lion Air jets involved in recent fatal crashes were not equipped with angle of attack indicators and disagree lights.

You don't need to do anything.

ASSUMING that they are still grounding those planes in May, its up to the Airline to have another plane model scheduled for that flight, OR they'd have to reschedule that flight and notify you.

You'll be fine.

Boeing is just...........jesus. If there was still effective law in the realm of consumer protection, this company would probably get fined to the point of near-bankruptcy.

They actively knew the danger and they covered it up. More than we imagined.

Initially they blamed pilots for "not even training"

And now we're finding out.......they were intentionally hiding the problem DURING the training.

Boeing admits 737 Max sims didn't accurately reproduce what flying without MCAS was like

Turning off trim control software in training wouldn't give realistic results – report

Boeing has admitted that pilot training simulators for the controversial 737 Max did not accurately reproduce what happened if the infamous MCAS system went gaga.

In a statement, the American aircraft manufacturer said it had "made corrections to the 737 MAX simulator software and has provided additional information to device operators to ensure that the simulator experience is representative across different flight conditions".

The US Wall Street Journal newspaper reported over the weekend that simulators used for pilot training "did not reflect the immense force that it would take for pilots to regain control of the aircraft" after disabling electronically assisted trim controls.

Those controls interfaced with MCAS, the Manoeuvring Characteristics Augmentation System. As reported extensively here and elsewhere, MCAS was intended to automatically kick in and help prevent the 737 Max from stalling – falling from the sky, basically – in a particular flight scenario where the aircraft's angle of attack (AoA) becomes too high. It does so through adjusting the airliner's trim, pushing the aircraft's nose down in 10-second bursts.

So now, we're at a point where pilots do not trust what Boeing is telling them, nor do they trust their software simulation training program.

That's fucked.