What would make you consider Google's console?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody cares about these cuck sjw silicon valley companies. Privacy invasion, censorship degeneracy, and profiting off personal information.   They can all go fuck themselves.

8 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You're an idiot.

Sega was in bed with Microsoft at the beginning of their console days.  Very much considered the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast.  Sega has absolutely NO problem with working with non-Japanese companies... and you DO realize that Google is planning an INTERNATIONAL device right?  They'll want to have titles that appeal to all regions.

And all Sony / Sega bets are off if Google BUYS them.. :reg: 

different times entirely. Sega on Xbox was a thing for like 1 year and that was hot off sega actually having a foothold in the states, coming off their relevancy from being known in the home console market. it's been damn near 20 years since then.

as time went on, sega completely abandoned xbox and backed ps2 more, then they went in on PS3, and now they back PS4 more. 

Edited by Bodycount N
6 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Why are we so convinced they're releasing a traditional console?  Why not use deploy a streaming service via Chrome?

People assumed it was just going to be streaming, its seems it might not be the case with new reports. Currently we don't know, a console could be in the cards.

We'll know in 5 days.

Google just added support for Switch controllers to Chromium:

https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/1510080

This adds support for Nintendo Switch controllers through Gamepad API:

* Switch Pro (USB and Bluetooth)
* Joy-Con L (Bluetooth)
* Joy-Con R (Bluetooth)
* Joy-Con L+R (Bluetooth)
* Charging Grip (USB)
6 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

different times entirely. Sega on Xbox was a thing for like 1 year and that was hot off sega actually having a foothold in the states, coming off their relevancy from being known in the home console market. it's been damn near 20 years since then.

as time went on, sega completely abandoned xbox and backed ps2 more, then they went in on PS3, and now they back PS4 more. 

Yeah Sega isnt sticking around for anything outside of big moneyhats for certain games. Assuming it does happen.

Nobody cares about these cuck sjw silicon valley companies. Privacy invasion, censorship degeneracy, and profiting off personal information.

They can all go fuck themselves.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Google just added support for Switch controllers to Chromium:

https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/1510080

This adds support for Nintendo Switch controllers through Gamepad API:

* Switch Pro (USB and Bluetooth)
* Joy-Con L (Bluetooth)
* Joy-Con R (Bluetooth)
* Joy-Con L+R (Bluetooth)
* Charging Grip (USB)

So it's likely that besides a console, they are going to build game support right into their browser.  That covers quite a bit of screens right there.

Also, Amy Hennig is going to be there, along with someone from Crystal Dynamics... speculation is that the might be funding a new Legacy of Kain game. :vince: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

So it's likely that besides a console, they are going to build game support right into their browser.  That covers quite a bit of screens right there.

Also, Amy Hennig is going to be there, along with someone from Crystal Dynamics... speculation is that the might be funding a new Legacy of Kain game. :vince: 

For some reason I really really doubt this, but the meltdowns would be epic.

Just now, Remij_ said:

All of it, or the Kain part specifically?

Kain. It probably needs to be a high AAA budget game, I mean Tomb Raider level budget of $50+ and its not that big of a franchise.

JSR or some Sega games is realistic cause those can easily be made on a $20 million budget or something.

I'm of the opinion that Google won't focus much on expensive exclusive content, the gain is very small.

Their main approach will be monetisation, be it adds, data plans, distribution chains etc to get something that you can play COD/GTA/FIfa etc for pennies. The key is to distribute the service aggressively, not provide abudant exclusive content.

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I'm of the opinion that Google won't focus much on expensive exclusive content, the gain is very small.

Their main approach will be monetisation, be it adds, data plans, distribution chains etc to get something that you can play COD/GTA/FIfa etc for pennies. The key is to distribute the service aggressively, not provide abudant exclusive content.

No... I'm of the opinion that they are bringing in prominent figures and devs/pubs because they want to prove to the world that they are serious about this shit.

I'm expecting a couple of "tough surprises"... but I hope not. :francis: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No... I'm of the opinion that they are bringing in prominent figures and devs/pubs because they want to prove to the world that they are serious about this shit.

I'm expecting a couple of "tough surprises"... but I hope not. :francis: 

Don't it wrong even if they release hardware, they WANT you to stream.

The streaming audience is ultra casual and not the one to sub for JSR or Legacy of Kain. They are in it to play Ass Creed for $5 a month with adds.