Has Microsoft Killed The Xbox Brand As We Know It?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're all going to be Lemmings. Well, part Lemming when you really think about it.

I'm going to laugh my fuggin' nuts off if the reason Nintendo shat the bed with their online system is because they've been in talks with Microsoft to bring XBL over.

He'll be back.  This is the only place he can go where he can be an ignorant dumbass and not be banned.

I'm going to laugh my fuggin' nuts off if the reason Nintendo shat the bed with their online system is because they've been in talks with Microsoft to bring XBL over.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, McWicked said:

I think its mostly about XCloud integration, I don't think you'll access Live outside the XBox app/games. You arent playing Splatoon or Mario Kart on Live.

Edited by Team 2019
3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I think its mostly about XCloud integration, I don't think you'll access Live outside the XBox app/games. You arent playing Splatoon or Mario Kart on Live.

XBL has party chat, so if it's integrated into Switch as opposed as into individual games, then you could chat while playing splatoon or mario kart.  What you couldn't do is invite friends into your lobby.

Regarding Playstation and XBox games. My thoughts. I always operated under two assumptions.

1. XCloud is a must for MS to accept PS.

2. Only format MS would agree to would be the game pass model, even if they were to do native ports.

Both assumptions debunked I mean everyone assumed that to be honest.

If Game Pass isnt on the agenda, then they arent even competing with PSNOW in non streaming Steam just blew my mind because of the implications. I assume Halo MCC isn't the end for steam either.

I expect Halo Infinite to be on PS4/PS5 it's launch in late 2020.

Edited by Team 2019

i forgot about the fact that steam has native DS4 support. Every Halo game with a dualshock 4. :scared: 

It's over Dyno, pack it up, Xbox is dead as hell right now. I wonder why they're even bothering with another console at this point, can't wait to see what it is. I'm thinking it will ONLY be a Streambox at this point.

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to Has Microsoft Killed The Xbox Brand As We Know It?
9 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

i forgot about the fact that steam has native DS4 support. Every Halo game with a dualshock 4. :scared: 

It's over Dyno, pack it up, Xbox is dead as hell right now. I wonder why they're even bothering with another console at this point, can't wait to see what it is. I'm thinking it will ONLY be a Streambox at this point.

The new tagline is "options". Want to buy Halo on Windows Store or Steam? Options. Want to buy Halo Infinite on XBox or Playstation? Options.

There are still enough Crapgamers out there to carry the hardware.

I mean, they are a software company and their ultimate goal has always been to be in the center of everyone's living room. This new approach does make sense for them.

However, what doesn't make sense is for them to be making another console. What's the point? If you're already getting things in place to be on other systems, what do you need your own console for?

MS really loves to just throw away money, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I mean, they are a software company and their ultimate goal has always been to be in the center of everyone's living room. This new approach does make sense for them.

However, what doesn't make sense is for them to be making another console. What's the point? If you're already getting things in place to be on other systems, what do you need your own console for?

MS really loves to just throw away money, I guess.

Its more of a transition console while Cloud gaming and their other endevaours pay off. They're not planning to make it anything other than an optional side thing, and they probably have extremely low expectations for it. If people pay for Live, it will still make money, and the hardcore XBox audience even if limited still needs a piece of hardware for the time being.

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Its more of a transition console while Cloud gaming and their other endevaours pay off. They're not planning to make it anything other than an optional side thing, and they probably have extremely low expectations for it. If people pay for Live, it will still make money, and the hardcore XBox audience even if limited still needs a piece of hardware for the time being.

It kind of seems like an unnecessary step in their grand scheme if I'm going to be honest.

But hey, they're a multi-billion dollar company and I'm just some schmuck on the internet, what the fuck do I know?