Has Microsoft Killed The Xbox Brand As We Know It?

5 minutes ago, Sabo said:

It kind of seems like an unnecessary step in their grand scheme if I'm going to be honest.

But hey, they're a multi-billion dollar company and I'm just some schmuck on the internet, what the fuck do I know?

They're going to make money on it regardless. They arent going to sell it at a loss. Matt  the big insider said that XBox hardware can't be guaranteed past next-gen, so it's their final console push it seems.

They might keep it around like they keep the surface line for now at least if it doesn't decline THAT much. Frankly probably MS doesnt know how it will play out.

Edited by Team 2019
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're all going to be Lemmings. Well, part Lemming when you really think about it.

I'm going to laugh my fuggin' nuts off if the reason Nintendo shat the bed with their online system is because they've been in talks with Microsoft to bring XBL over.

He'll be back.  This is the only place he can go where he can be an ignorant dumbass and not be banned.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Did FirecrackerNarc leave? :mj:

He'll be back.  This is the only place he can go where he can be an ignorant dumbass and not be banned.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

The real ironic thing about this is MS' games are probably going to get a lot better... just as everyone else is able to play them and lemmings have nothing for themselves :sabu: 

What lemmings? :mj:

It's insane how desperate Microsoft has become to stay relevant in the gaming industry. Uprooted Xbox as a traditional console and turning it into a service, expanding Xbox Live to other platforms due to dwindling/stagnant user base, and heavily investing into a cloud gaming platform that doesn't even exist outside of controlled testing environments. :mj: Not to mention the first public demonstration was completely faked and/or looked terrible as fuck. :roff: 

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's insane how desperate Microsoft has become to stay relevant in the gaming industry. Uprooted Xbox as a traditional console and turning it into a service, expanding Xbox Live to other platforms due to dwindling/stagnant user base, and heavily investing into a cloud gaming platform that doesn't even exist outside of controlled testing environments. :mj: Not to mention the first public demonstration was completely faked and/or looked terrible as fuck. :roff: 

They always got the Windows Store :|

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

They always got the Windows Store :|

How could I forget about that success story. :whew:

:mj:

10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Nah man... this is where all this shit was going eventually..  Them flopping this gen only accelerated the mentality with the higher ups.  Their entire company is designed around and focused on something which ties directly into where the future of gaming just happens to be going.  They are CORRECTLY putting effort into pushing ahead and forging where this can go, instead of playing catch up after everyone else is already doing it.. like most of the other shit they've attempted in the past.

They are completely designed for this.  The only thing they really need is to start releasing great games.  All this bad sentiment shit will die quickly if they can get some hits out there.

About the xCloud demo they did... lol.. I don't know what was up with that... but yea they fucked up there.  Gonna look even worse if on the 19th Google shows off their console, and then their streaming tech and it looks better. lol

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nah man... this is where all this shit was going eventually..  Them flopping this gen only accelerated the mentality with the higher ups.  Their entire company is designed around and focused on something which ties directly into where the future of gaming just happens to be going.  They are CORRECTLY putting effort into pushing ahead and forging where this can go, instead of playing catch up after everyone else is already doing it.. like most of the other shit they've attempted in the past.

They are completely designed for this.  The only thing they really need is to start releasing great games.  All this bad sentiment shit will die quickly if they can get some hits out there.

About the xCloud demo they did... lol.. I don't know what was up with that... but yea they fucked up there.  Gonna look even worse if on the 19th Google shows off their console, and then their streaming tech and it looks better. lol

Dude they're stuck between XBox's 50%+ YOY decline with $100 price cuts, or the Windows Store. There is literally NOTHING on the horizon other than XCloud that can change ANYTHING. They literally have no choice.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Dude they're stuck between XBox's 50%+ YOY decline with $100 price cuts, or the Windows Store. There is literally NOTHING on the horizon other than XCloud that can change ANYTHING. They literally have no choice.

Who the fuck is talking about this gen?

There's a new gen coming up... of course there's a chance. :cosby2: 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Chance for XBox hardware? :|:D 

Yes.  If they release a nice piece of hardware, of course it will sell... but as I said... they need great games.  Halo Infinite has to come out and be amazing, and they have to have a couple other amazing showpiece titles.

Of course I know... they have to actually DO it... but assuming they do.. they could easily sell tons of units.  There's a big base of XBOTS out there which will buy them regardless...

And Sony could always fuck up...  You seem to think it couldn't happen, but I assure you, it can.  Google and other outside forces don't just pressure MS... let's see what Sony does.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nah man... this is where only a select portion of the market will be going eventually. You have to take into consideration that cloud gaming isn't going to a meaningful experience for most people with high latency issues. Latency can't just be solved with software it can only be masked and it can't apply to every single game. The only way to solve latency is infrastructure and the majority of the world doesn't have it.

The entire company is designed around providing cloud infrastructure for hosting enterprise applications for small to large businesses and provide them enterprise office applications for workflow, management, etc. Their cloud is just now being built around cloud gaming applications which is why they're investing so heavily into it because it's simply not there. They aren't forging anything and have been playing catch up for years.

Yeah, they're totally designed for this, despite Microsoft announcing that they're designing a cloud gaming platform. That makes sense.

I'll tell you what was up with the xCloud demo... you were seeing significant latency on top of a game that already has a decent amount of input latency. Get ready to be extremely disappointed with Project xCloud. You will not only see worse or on par latency with existing platforms (PlayStation Now, Project Stream), but worse image quality because the entire platform is running on custom Xbox One S servers.