Halo is going to be BIG on Steam

Absolutely the right call.  We're talking millions of copies big.

This is going to be MS' "Capcom moment" where they realize that it's much better to make high quality PC versions of games and support the community.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/capcom-pc-is-the-second-largest-platform-for-monster-hunter-world/

And remember, with Steam's new revenue guidelines, any game that makes between $10-50mil will get 75%, and any sale over $50 mil will see 80% go to Microsoft.

This is going to lead to more Steam releases in the future.  And I'll keep saying, they should partner up with Steam exclusively (while still allowing those copies to activate on their own store as well) and make an "Xbox section" of Steam, and bring ALL of their PC released titles over.  Then the next thing to do is get Backwards Compatible games on PC and Steam.

Work with Valve, Work with PC gamers, and improve Win 10 gaming all around.  This all works to their benefit.

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The question is do they have the balls to follow through and drop Halo Infinite on Steam also and make it a huge release. Would be a pretty massive move to get Halo back to where it was 

I absolutely think they do.  MCC is going to release and do gangbusters.... you don't just cut off Halo Infinite after that.  Halo 5 will come to MCC in the future obviously as well.. and that will be all the mainline Halo games.  Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is already on there, and I'm sure they will bring Halo Wars 2 as well.

This is probably going to be the big test for them about whether they should jump in full Steam ahead with Valve and bring the entire catalog over :hi5:

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I absolutely think they do.  MCC is going to release and do gangbusters.... you don't just cut off Halo Infinite after that.  Halo 5 will come to MCC in the future obviously as well.. and that will be all the mainline Halo games.  Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is already on there, and I'm sure they will bring Halo Wars 2 as well.

This is probably going to be the big test for them about whether they should jump in full Steam ahead with Valve and bring the entire catalog over :hi5:

I think the idea is that you use the Windows Store to promote game pass, and Steam for individual copy sales.

One is a flatout copy sale, the other is a service solution... Call it balance.

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Would be massive! Really hyped and truly hopeful for Infinite! The fps scene could use a good Halo game again. 

MS's moves are pretty insane in the sense they defy all logic.

1. Their biggest franchise and game release is not exclusive to their store.

2. They aren't using it to prop up game pass.

3. Play Anywhere is not an agenda, since your Steam purchase will only be locked to Steam obviously.

They are literally applying the logic of a third party publisher. Not a storefront owner. No a service game pass provider. Nevermind dedicated hardware platform holder. The implications of them using this strategy implies that a potential Playstation port for example has none of those limitations. And even XCloud Switch purchases, will probably be locked to Switch itself without allowing you to use the purchase on other devices.

26 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Would be massive! Really hyped and truly hopeful for Infinite! The fps scene could use a good Halo game again. 

I know I sound like a MS shill, but I really do think they understand what went wrong with Halo 5, and took a step back and realized what Halo really was, what it meant to people, and that they had to inject some of that classic Halo back into it if they wanted any chance to build it up again.

And I will always maintain, that a franchise like Halo, which was once iconic and dominant in the industry, will ALWAYS have a chance at coming back.  People WANT Halo to be great again.  They just have to execute on that.  Look at how they announced Infinite

-Game Engine demonstration (showing a fresh new engine)

-Build up ("what the heck IS this?")

-Subtle hints (It's Halo... oh wait, no.. um it's...)

-Then the soldiers (Oh this has to be Halo)

-Pull back to Chief holding his helmet (CLASSIC FUCKING ARTSTYLE with the CLASSIC HALO 3 music inspiration)

-Showing the wide open world and the Warthog driving (Again, classic nostalgia of Halo when it was grand and pure)

-Then the lead up to the title, showing the Halo ring (Classic imagery again)

-Then cut, and announce the name of the new engine "Slip Space engine" (Awesome new engine, new Halo, next gen tech)

-Then Chief putting in an AI chip (who da fuk dat?  Cortana has gone rogue.. oh shit)

Trailer gives me chills. :whew: 

This shows me they KNOW what they are doing this time around.  Also, the first thing Phil said after they showed the engine demo was "you'll join MASTER CHIEF..." and really emphasized it.  They want us to know that MC is the star of the game and they've heard the feedback.  Give us a kick ass Master Chief story... that's all they need to do.  The MP is actually really good in 5, so they just have to tweak and expand upon that.

BAM, Halo is relevant again.  With an Xbox AND Steam release... they'll do 10 fucking million easily.  

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

MS's moves are pretty insane in the sense they defy all logic.

1. Their biggest franchise and game release is not exclusive to their store.

2. They aren't using it to prop up game pass.

3. Play Anywhere is not an agenda, since your Steam purchase will only be locked to Steam obviously.

They are literally applying the logic of a third party publisher. Not a storefront owner. No a service game pass provider. Nevermind dedicated hardware platform holder. The implications of them using this strategy implies that a potential Playstation port for example has none of those limitations. And even XCloud Switch purchases, will probably be locked to Switch itself without allowing you to use the purchase on other devices.

They're applying the logic that they want their GAMES to sell as much as they can... and your pride can't get in the way.  Games are what make the industry it's money.  MS has games which cater VERY VERY WELL to the PC audience.. Gears and Halo.. all sorts of other games.  Start releasing some bangers and make that fucking money MS. Let's FUCKING GO :glad: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

They're applying the logic that they want their GAMES to sell as much as they can... and your pride can't get in the way.  Games are what make the industry it's money.  MS has games which cater VERY VERY WELL to the PC audience.. Gears and Halo.. all sorts of other games.  Start releasing some bangers and make that fucking money MS. Let's FUCKING GO :glad: 

Thats debatable. They could have sacrificed game sales for service and store growth. Not that this even matters at this point, they made their strategic decision.

I expect all their games, at least all major games to be on Steam. Gears 5 is guaranteed imo.

Who's the guy? Look at how fucking chilled he is :D

Inside Xbox and they just shit all over the lemmings and there he is fucking chilling and looking pleased. Microsoft couldn't give a fuck.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

When you CAPITALIZE that many WORDS you begin to look like JERRY

Just now, Remij_ said:

Please continue to call me out on that shit. 

Will keep it in mind for the next time :fblike:

I just scrolled down the page and saw a lot of random capitals, thought it was a jerry post for a second.

Arguing with him for 10 pages every day has rubbed off on you :D

Next.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Alphonse said:

WIll it be an xbox anywhere title? I still have it on my account from when I used to own an xbox one.

That will probably remain Microsoft's carrot, they'll release the games on both Steam and Windows Store but only the Windows Store release will retain Play Anywhere ability.