Freddy Got Fingered Re reviewed

I saw this at the movie theater, and even worse, I had just barely gotten cable tv within the past year or so, and I had a minimal knowledge of who Tom Green was or what his comedy was all about.

So this movie hit my like a ton of bricks, I could only take the scenes at face value.

I like the smaller jokes in this movie, but this movie actually ages better if you step back and don't watch it for a long time.

32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I saw this at the movie theater, and even worse, I had just barely gotten cable tv within the past year or so, and I had a minimal knowledge of who Tom Green was or what his comedy was all about.

So this movie hit my like a ton of bricks, I could only take the scenes at face value.

I like the smaller jokes in this movie, but this movie actually ages better if you step back and don't watch it for a long time.

Tom Green is best understood by watching his past work; he used to be in a rap group in the 90's out of Toronto, then got a TV show on public access, that got the most complaints of any Canadian show to date, and then parlayed that into an MTV show which ran for 3-4 seasons.

Most shock shows: Jackass stunts on their parents, Eric Andre, and Sachsa Baron Cohen projects followed his blueprint.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Tom Green is best understood by watching his past work; he used to be in a rap group in the 90's out of Toronto, then got a TV show on public access, that got the most complaints of any Canadian show to date, and then parlayed that into an MTV show which ran for 3-4 seasons.

Most shock shows: Jackass stunts on their parents, Eric Andre, and Sachsa Baron Cohen projects followed his blueprint.

Finally..someone else who appreciates Tom Green :bow: 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

Daddy would you like some sausage? 

I never saw that movie I looked up a trailer and that was the first thing I watched. The full sausage song, wtf. :kaz: I will watch it this weekend. :glad: 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Andre and Cohen, yeah, but i feel jackass was born more out of 90's skating culture.  Skaters would learn film editing, record themselves and send it off to try to get sponsorship.  Jackass was probably born out of all the time someone fucked up whatever stunt they were doing.  Half of jackass is pranks on themselves instead of other people.

29 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Andre and Cohen, yeah, but i feel jackass was born more out of 90's skating culture.  Skaters would learn film editing, record themselves and send it off to try to get sponsorship.  Jackass was probably born out of all the time someone fucked up whatever stunt they were doing.  Half of jackass is pranks on themselves instead of other people.

And green was a skater guy too. That's how the movie begins haha. Skating through lougheed mall in Coquitlam bc Canada 

I never believed Tom Green was a legit skater, even going back to his early Canada days.

Dude was 30 when Freddy Got Fingered came out. I think Tom Green got his inspiration from The Kids in the Hall and Andy Kaufman.

The whole thing is that Tom Green specifically targets "regular, boring" people who would be most annoyed by his antics. I think he had that sidekick guy during the late 90's because he was a timid person who was absolutely livid when Tom Green fucked with his personal life.

Jackass is different. They don't want to fuck with "normal" people. As extreme as they skate, they want to be extreme with their pranks on themselves. Steve-O really wants to impress the other guys, so he does even more extreme stuff.

I love the relationship dynamic in Jackass, I find it fascinating. There's a hierarchy regarding who gets to fuck with who.