Google Dreamcast 2 hinted

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Who is Liam Robertson exactly.

From his patreon:

Hi! My name is Liam Robertson. I'm an independent video game writer and researcher, who has contributed to such sites as Unseen64, Nintendo Life, Did You Know Gaming, and ComicBook.com. I speak to game developers around the world to uncover the truth behind cancelled video games and preserve what was lost for historical and artistic interests. Video game preservation matters, and by supporting this Patreon you can help me accomplish just that!

My efforts include running an online documentary series called Game History Secrets, which goes in-depth into interesting game industry stories, such as games that were never released. I interview developers personally, getting to understand the creative visions behind these games and preserving as much as I can by collecting assets, footage and sometimes even code from them. The videos I do tell the stories behind these projects; explaining what the games were intended to be, and how exactly they fell to cancellation.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The issue why I'm sceptical when I reference rumours of google hardware or first party, is that its possible. But absolutely NOTHING leaked all these years?

Well, I think Google revealed the Home device with little notice.

I think the more important question is how was Google able to set up this entire gaming division this quickly?  If its streaming, then its backend servers combined with their youtube streaming tech.

If its actual hardware that powers these games locally within your home, then that would have taken years to develop.

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The issue why I'm sceptical when I reference rumours of google hardware or first party, is that its possible. But absolutely NOTHING leaked all these years?

Well we know Sega is one of the 2 developers that will be at the Google Keynote. There are also speculation on Sega partnering Google on next gen console: https://gamerant.com/sega-new-console-google-2019/

If true, Google will instantly be taken seriously. This was what MS needed to do(partnering Sega) for the launch of Xbox. Ironic how Google actually did it first.

4 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

no way this is real.

They will not call it Dreamcast 2 obviously. But a major partnership is definitely on the cards.

Edited by Pureis

Obviously the teaser is fake, no shit. People are assuming he made it as a way to confirm the rumours.

Which in my opinion only lessens the chance they are real, almost to zero. Cause if he is the source of the rumours its over. Metallugary made sense as INTERNAL codename. No fucking way they go out and use these codenames, words in their reveal. It's asanine.

Edited by Team 2019