Feb NPD hardware results + top 3 physical software. DAT GROWTH!!!

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Literally from the very first month that Growth was compared to a month that also had the X out it's percentages have been dropping like there's no tomorrow. Could say they are 'falling off a cliff' :mjpls:

PS4 is dropping off too, though not as steep of a drop. That Switch YOY increase is insane though, especially given that no games of significance were released these 2 months, and it is still at launch price 2 years after launch. I think Switch is gonna surpass PS4 LTD in America. In Japan Switch is already close to surpassing it. But PS4 will still be ahead worldwide.

1 minute ago, Pureis said:

PS4 is dropping off too, though not as steep of a drop. That Switch YOY increase is insane though, especially given that no games of significance were released these 2 months, and it is still at launch price 2 years after launch. I think Switch is gonna surpass PS4 LTD in America. In Japan Switch is already close to surpassing it. But PS4 will still be ahead worldwide.

The closer you get to 100m sold the harder it becomes to sell more. Eventually you are just going to run out of people in the console market who don't have a PS4, especially if you haven't hit the $199 price point yet. 

Switch is doing incredible and Japan is always going to be the home of Nintendo and portable gaming. Going to be hard to predict regarding LTD in America and worldwide. Even the Wii (which transcended the gaming market and hit a casual audience that never before had a system) hit a major roadblock when it reached the numbers where the PS4 is now. So time will tell. Performance after you've hit 40-50m is a lot harder than the first 10s of millions.  

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

The closer you get to 100m sold the harder it becomes to sell more. Eventually you are just going to run out of people in the console market who don't have a PS4, especially if you haven't hit the $199 price point yet. 

Switch is doing incredible and Japan is always going to be the home of Nintendo and portable gaming. Going to be hard to predict regarding LTD in America and worldwide. Even the Wii (which transcended the gaming market and hit a casual audience that never before had a system) hit a major roadblock when it reached the numbers where the PS4 is now. So time will tell. Performance after you've hit 40-50m is a lot harder than the first 10s of millions.  

I get what you are saying. We may never know unless you actively track their respective LTD numbers since NPD don't reveal them anymore. Do we even have the current LTD numbers for PS4, XB1 and Switch now?

3 minutes ago, Pureis said:

I get what you are saying. We may never know unless you actively track their respective LTD numbers since NPD don't reveal them anymore. Do we even have the current LTD numbers for PS4, XB1 and Switch now?

We have very recent official figures for the PS4 and Switch because Sony and Nintendo regularly release official updates on sales figures.

At CES in Jan, Sony announced that PS4 had reached 91.6M sold through worldwide.

Nintendo Switch meanwhile is at 32.27 worldwide. 

With MS we can only go by certain insiders giving the figures they have as MS stopped giving out official numbers ages ago. But apparently it's just north of 40m

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

We have very recent official figures for the PS4 and Switch because Sony and Nintendo regularly release official updates on sales figures.

At CES in Jan, Sony announced that PS4 had reached 91.6M sold through worldwide.

Nintendo Switch meanwhile is at 32.27 worldwide. 

With MS we can only go by certain insiders giving the figures they have as MS stopped giving out official numbers ages ago. But apparently it's just north of 40m

Oh I meant NPD specifically. I expect Switch to surpass PS4 in NA and Japan but remain ahead worldwide.

Just now, Pureis said:

Oh I meant NPD specifically. I expect Switch to surpass PS4 in NA and Japan but remain ahead worldwide.

Ah my bad. I'm sure someone would have that data because while NPD doesn't release it publically we do get the numbers given by insiders each month in the NPD threads. Would just take someone actually adding them up.

7 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Literally from the very first month that Growth was compared to a month that also had the X out it's percentages have been dropping like there's no tomorrow. Could say they are 'falling off a cliff' :mjpls:

Exactly..... that's what we we're trying to tell @DynamiteCop!for the past year.   But as you know he is too dense to grasp that simple concept.