The Future of gaming will all belong to PC, console wars is dead

With the explosion of technology from AMD and Nvidia these days, it makes very little sense to waste money on consoles.   

I wish I saw this sooner, because it's been heading in that direction since 2017 if not earlier. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker

Every device is becoming a PC

there is no real division between a console and a PC anymore. 

Might as well just own a PC now. 

Only nintendo is bringing something new to the table. 

Edited by teh_4th

Nah, there will always bee some sort of hardware.  It'll change over time, and it may turn into just a controller that you buy to play Nintendo games streamed via their service to your screen, but you'll have to buy something tangible.

I don't see a future where tablets or phones takes over dedicated handhelds, at least, because if that future was going to exist, it'd already be here.

consoles are definitely losing their unique appeal.

Long and huge updates before you can even start the game, still paying for online, laggy and slow os, multiple graphics options etc. It's already PC lite at this point. 

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

PC hardware is in one of the worst posititions it has ever been historically relative to console gaming. You're smoking crack.

It was never like this in the SNES/PS1/PS2 days, even PS360 days which were recent.

It was never like that before because then PC components weren't readily available like it is today with the internet, affordable, and 10x more powerful than the most advanced console.   

Time to let go of your console past. 

Next month, I'm picking up Mortal Kombat 11 for PC

and soon™ after that Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely be a PC buy for me. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker

not true. Only Xbox is doing this.

There is 0 in common between the nintendo switch/PS4 and a fucking PC. Zero. Completely different experiences.

Switch/PS4

-Brand Defining Franchises 

-AAAAE and AAAE games - I'm talking ones that matter, real games, not RTS or PC's obscure made-in-Maldova exclusives

-Physical Software that does not drop in price + retains its value for years Vs. PC's gaming $1 firesale steam model of flops

-Closed ecosystem

-exclusive content from 3rd party developers

let's not confuse the issue here.

the issue is, MS is folding out of the console business and weaselling back to their roots on the PC now that Sony made them TAP OUT of consoles. Nobody is following MS. MS is headed into oblivion, sony and nintendo are not.

13 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

It was never like that before because then PC components weren't readily available like it is today with the internet, affordable, and 10x more powerful than the most advanced console.   

Time to let go of your console past. 

Next month, I'm picking up Mortal Kombat 11 for PC

and soon™ after that Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely be a PC buy for me. 

Did you discover Steam in 2019 or something?

5 hours ago, teh_4th said:

Every device is becoming a PC

there is no real division between a console and a PC anymore. 

Might as well just own a PC now. 

Only nintendo is bringing something new to the table. 

this is very true. the ps4/xbox one (especially the one x) are basically PCs, but without windows. 

there are no GFX options on switch

Switch has exclusives

Switch software doesn't devalue into peanuts prices over night

Nintendo will never join your ass backwards 'future' model where consumers rights are stripped away and we all have to play multiplat junk together on the same network.

Nope, never.

Always bet on N

5 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

there are no GFX options on switch

Switch has exclusives

Switch software doesn't devalue into peanuts prices over night

Nintendo will never join your ass backwards 'future' model where consumers rights are stripped away and we all have to play multiplat junk together on the same network.

Nope, never.

Always bet on N

I hate these graphics options on consoles I should get a switch first even tho it only has below very low graphics thus the missing options. :mjgrin:

5 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Did you discover Steam in 2019 or something?

...Fuck, you just reminded me when I got steam in like 2004 because that's how you bought HL2. :weird: