Sign in to follow this  
Teh_Diplomat

EA Needs to Give up the Star Wars Franchise - Fanmade SW: PodRacer & Dark Forces Available for DL

- It's made with Unreal Engine 4

- One Guy made this.

- It's got the audio, and dialogue from Anakin

- Holy Shit EA, I mean what in the actual fuck?   

Download below, before Disney/EA send this guy a cease & desist request.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17VzpRsONhPKnQqYdzO28PlYpJTwBpYre/view

Best Comment:

Gabriel                   1 week ago                  7.3k Likes
wow some random guy did this meanwhile we can't get 1 decent star wars game from some mega corporation....

Oh there's also a Star War Dark Forces being remade as well B)

Edit: Jumped the video ahead to the actual gameplay.

The link for the Dark Forces game doesn't work at the moment - I just wanted to walk around Mos Eisley. :sad:

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Dark Forces remake :dwill:

Yeah how has no one at an EA board meeting not asked, "Hey guys, what's the possibility/legality that we remake a bunch of classic Star Wars games from the 90'/00's?"

I mean I haven't invested serious time into a Star Wars title since KOTOR, or when they fixed the online to the original Battlefront game a few years back.

14 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah how has no one at an EA board meeting not asked, "Hey guys, what's the possibility/legality that we remake a bunch of classic Star Wars games from the 90'/00's?"

I guarantee that the developers have asked.  Bioware pitched KoToR 3 multiple times.  EA execs aren't listening because they want their GaaS mega-hit fortnite-killer.  

The game industry doesn't care about whether a game is profitable anymore.  It only cares about whether or not it's the most profitable game on the market.  Jim Sterling is a fat whiny little shit but he called this years ago and it's getting worse.  It'll collapse at some point, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

• Like 1