Life seems to be getting faster with every passing year

The reason for this is because every year the ratio of that year compared to the rest of your life gets smaller and smaller so it makes it feel like time is going by faster. They best way to avoid this feeling is to go hardcore drugs, lose your job, break some laws, go to jail, get out, turn your life around and then start over fresh. I know this from experience.  

• Like 2

Its actually because your life is not changing as much on a day to day basis, as if did when you were young(er).

Think about it, every year was a new school year for you, things changed quite a bit throughout each year. You went to a different school every few years, you were coming across different people every year, you did new things every year.

Now, you're a worker. You go to the same building every day, to the same room. And chances are you might be there for a long time.  You come home at the same time, you already have your circle of friends, and you go to the same recreational spots every weekend. Its starting to become more habitual.

When that happens, the days start running together faster. Which is why it feels like time is moving faster.

2 hours ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

The reason for this is because every year the ratio of that year compared to the rest of your life gets smaller and smaller so it makes it feel like time is going by faster. They best way to avoid this feeling is to go hardcore drugs, lose your job, break some laws, go to jail, get out, turn your life around and then start over fresh. I know this from experience.  

Lol this sounds weird but it's actually pretty accurate. You need to get out of your comfort zone hardcore if you want time to slow down otherwise your brain is just processing known patterns with minimum effort and it seems time is flying.

33 minutes ago, dakur said:

Lol this sounds weird but it's actually pretty accurate. You need to get out of your comfort zone hardcore if you want time to slow down otherwise your brain is just processing known patterns with minimum effort and it seems time is flying.

Yeah he's right. They say time flies when you're having fun but it flies even faster when you're in a routine

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

post of 2019

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Its actually because your life is not changing as much on a day to day basis, as if did when you were young(er).

Think about it, every year was a new school year for you, things changed quite a bit throughout each year. You went to a different school every few years, you were coming across different people every year, you did new things every year.

Now, you're a worker. You go to the same building every day, to the same room. And chances are you might be there for a long time.  You come home at the same time, you already have your circle of friends, and you go to the same recreational spots every weekend. Its starting to become more habitual.

When that happens, the days start running together faster. Which is why it feels like time is moving faster.

For once I have to say that Jerry is correct.

When you do the same mundane things day after day your brain basically goes on autopilot, it keeps track of less data because there's less divergence in what you're doing. If you radically rewrote your life and started doing a bunch of new and different things the perception of time would slow, the more new information you take in the harder your brain works, and the more it catalogs this new information to memory which makes a day seem more pronounced. 

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

For once I have to say that Jerry is correct.

When you do the same mundane things day after day your brain basically goes on autopilot, it keeps track of less data because there's less divergence in what you're doing. If you radically rewrote your life and started doing a bunch of new and different things the perception of time would slow, the more new information you take in the harder your brain works, and the more it catalogs this new information to memory which makes a day seem more pronounced. 

Considering that you are the wrongest, most embarassed poster on this forum, this actually makes me doubt it.

But, on the hand.............a broken clock is right at least two times a day. Which puts you slightly below a broken clock.

its super slow for me but im also drunk almost every day and i still look spongebob squarepants and gilmore girls like i did when i was a kid. soooo....