Rockstar’s Game Design is Outdated

long video but well worth it, as he breaks down not only the flaws with rdr2’s design but also how rockstars games have continually moved further away from the freedom of their ps2 classics in favor of being tightly scripted and predictable.

it's very outdated. i mean...in ass creed, you can literally leave a mission, and do other shit, and it won't say "mission failed"...and you can still go back to it. 

what rockstar excels at, though, is creating the deepest and most believable worlds, filled with memorable moments and characters. 

No shit. Their blueprint has been outdated for over a decade, people are just NOW noticing this? LOL

They won't update it though because they don't need to, the masses are going to buy their next game regardless of it's design. Rockstar is THE perfect example of sales =/= quality.

• Upvote 1

I don't know about RDR but I'm fine with cops showing up super fast in GTA games for the most part.

I'm pretty sure you can murk people in the middle of nowhere and just walk away. Didn't play these games in years, I didn't finish 4 and 5 but I want to play through all of them again starting with 3 (my fav :bow: ).

I think 3 - vice city and san andreas were their best games. I didn't play the original RDR either. I should start with that one but it looks really weird I mean like super stiff kinda weird. :reg:

also outdated doesn't mean bad

Edited by kaz