Google GDC Keynote today in ~2hours at 10am PDT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's like if the names of an erectile dysfunction pill and an artificial sweetener had a kid. Shit's awful.

In that video, I seem to have mostly see Tomb Raider, Trials Rising, so that may mean Square Enix and Ubisoft.   Playing Trials Rising from my phone anywhere?????????

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

There's nothing physical. It's just a streaming service.

They did mention a new chromecast during the keynote for your TV, but it seems like they're targetting all devices, and via chrome.

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Damn XCloud is so fucked. MS first party means jackshit to the streamer target audience.

Yeah, one thing is for sure.  Microsoft looks quite mediocre with what they had told us.

• They don't have Azure server in as many places as Google has their servers.
  • The Azure servers are created from Xbox One S APUs
  • Microsoft is merely an app that you have to boot up from some other hardware device, pending approval from that manufacturing company.  Google doesn't need anybody's permission to have this run from Chrome Web Browser, Chromebooks, Android phones, and Chromecast devices.
  • Google service looks to have a closer launch date than MS.
  • Google's service looks like its designed to be compatible with future next-gen development, whereas xCloud is forcing developers to design for outdate Xbox One S hardware.
  • If you care about streaming your videos, Google will have it integrated with Youtube.

What I think is most damning is that Google can drop this service onto tons of hardware devices whenever they want. And Microsoft NEEDS permission to get on Switch OS and Android OS. Google just looks stronger here.

2 hours ago, McWicked said:

I suppose you can try and call Fortnite a casual game.  Not sure when third person battle royal shooters became "casual".  Back in the Wii days casual games were just mini game compilations. :] 

It’s interesting. Telling anyone you posted in a video game community or watched video games for hours a day when we were teens would be laughable. Shit even being a serious gamer was laughable

These days following game streamers, playing games, being on Reddit, aspiring to be a pro gamer is what every kid does

19 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

But @Remij_ said it was 60fps @ 1080p. :mj: 

It definitely was.  

That guy sounds like a butthurt CEO from a streaming company that's about to be completely irrelevant :hehe: 

Kinda like how you're completely butthurt too :rofl: 

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, one thing is for sure.  Microsoft looks quite mediocre with what they had told us.

• They don't have Azure server in as many places as Google has their servers.
  • The Azure servers are created from Xbox One S APUs
  • Microsoft is merely an app that you have to boot up from some other hardware device, pending approval from that manufacturing company.  Google doesn't need anybody's permission to have this run from Chrome Web Browser, Chromebooks, Android phones, and Chromecast devices.
  • Google service looks to have a closer launch date than MS.
  • Google's service looks like its designed to be compatible with future next-gen development, whereas xCloud is forcing developers to design for outdate Xbox One S hardware.
  • If you care about streaming your videos, Google will have it integrated with Youtube.

What I think is most damning is that Google can drop this service onto tons of hardware devices whenever they want. And Microsoft NEEDS permission to get on Switch OS and Android OS. Google just looks stronger here.

Anyone can design an application to be launched from within a browser so it's not that impressive. It is interesting to see that Google publicly acknowledges that they have a bunch of nodes (not data centers) powering their platform which means they're leasing space in data centers they don't own just like Sony is with PlayStation Now.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

It definitely was.  

That guy sounds like a butthurt CEO from a streaming company that's about to be completely irrelevant :hehe: 

Kinda like how you're completely butthurt too :rofl: 

I played in the Project Stream beta. It was 30fps. You're a dumbass. :D

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I played in the Project Stream beta. It was 30fps. You're a dumbass. :D

The stream was 60.. idiot.  The game was locked to 30fps.

Maybe with your shitty internet though.. or did you overclock it?  :hehe: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

The stream was 60.. idiot.  The game was locked to 30fps.

Maybe with your shitty internet though.. or did you overclock it?  :hehe: 

lmao, back pedaling already. :D

Just now, Remij_ said:

rofl we had this exact same argument before.  Not again :facep: 

Indeed, no need to keep embarrassing you. Just listen to me next time and there won't be a problem. :juggle: