Google GDC Keynote today in ~2hours at 10am PDT

Just now, lynux3 said:

Microsoft is using the Xbox One S for xCloud. Nothing is going to be expansive about it. 

Can't they stack tho? Not really sure how this works 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's like if the names of an erectile dysfunction pill and an artificial sweetener had a kid. Shit's awful.

In that video, I seem to have mostly see Tomb Raider, Trials Rising, so that may mean Square Enix and Ubisoft.   Playing Trials Rising from my phone anywhere?????????

Posted Images

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

msoft is all about that 1080p cloud shit. this is offering 4k. MS = dead. 

Not if MS has more support . I'm not sold on 4k streaming.  I'll wait and see .

If Ms and Google succeed with this tho , everyone is going to go this direction 

Yeah, MS isn't even in the same league as this.  They're talking about split screen for, presumably, all multiplayer games because each one is a Stadia instance.  That's nuts.  That's a game-changer.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Can't they stack tho? Not really sure how this works 

Nothing MS has said about their xCloud servers of Xbox One S indicated that they "stack" and work together like multiple GPUs.

They would have to have some sort of middleware designed for it, and that's quite doubtful that they did this.

Google must have designed these servers with AMD and designed them to have their GPUs work together.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Crowd play :whew:

Its a virtual arcade cabinet.

Let's say you're watching somebody kick ass on Mortal Kombat 11, and you want a piece of him.

You put down your virtual quarter and you are next (and all of this is being viewed by other people online via a stream).

Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1
Just now, lynux3 said:

This is all gimmicky garbage. :tom: No games, just social streaming platform features. 

oh yeah, it's definitely a bunch of gimmicks. however, casuals will eat it up. the hardcore may jump on board if the 4k/60fps/minimal latency works. 

Just now, -GD- said:

that is going to be its biggest selling point. the casuals, who watch youtube gaming, are going to be all over this. 

How is google going to charge for this?

It may be in the form of a subscription service.

My nephew is watching videos of people playing video games, and if it has a button that says "Play Now" he will probably push that button.

Just now, jehurey said:

How is google going to charge for this?

It may be in the form of a subscription service.

My nephew is watching videos of people playing video games, and if it has a button that says "Play Now" he will probably push that button.

no clue. it may be free (for a bit)