Google GDC Keynote today in ~2hours at 10am PDT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's like if the names of an erectile dysfunction pill and an artificial sweetener had a kid. Shit's awful.

In that video, I seem to have mostly see Tomb Raider, Trials Rising, so that may mean Square Enix and Ubisoft.   Playing Trials Rising from my phone anywhere?????????

Posted Images

Just now, lynux3 said:

I missed the first thirty minutes. So no exclusives or demonstrations? 

10 tf of power

the best demo was showing ass creed being played on one device...then being continued on another....then another.

10 minutes ago, -GD- said:

oh yeah, it's definitely a bunch of gimmicks. however, casuals will eat it up. the hardcore may jump on board if the 4k/60fps/minimal latency works. 

"Casuals" is outdated lingo.  It has been for over a decade.  If you're placing yourself in line to go up against a streamer in a fighting game, you ain't a casual, lol.

Just now, McWicked said:

"Casuals" is outdated lingo.  It has been for over a decade.  If you're placing yourself in line to go up against a streamer in a fighting game, you ain't a casual, lol.

those big games on youtube are casual fluff. 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I missed the first thirty minutes. So no exclusives or demonstrations? 

Tech was demonstrated with Assassins Creed.  It's better than anything else out there, at this point.  First party studio announced and headed by Jade Raymond.  They didn't show games, but they did show proof of concepts.

Basically they're were microsoft is at with games, but lightyears ahead in terms of infrastructure.

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

those big games on youtube are casual fluff. 

I suppose you can try and call Fortnite a casual game.  Not sure when third person battle royal shooters became "casual".  Back in the Wii days casual games were just mini game compilations. :] 

Edited by McWicked

The first thing that I think about it: Why did people pay $60 for Xbox Live?

Because, Microsoft heavily advertised, they were going to bring a service that had so many networking abilities, they were going to be the leaders in this.

And now, when I look at this Google service, I see them offering the best networking options that anybody in the industry can offer.

If I'm paying $60 for streaming a cutting edge multiplayer game versus paying $60 for just buying a PC game to play on my local computer......I'll probably stick with habit.

If its a $20 cool game that has heavy multiplayer? Yeah, I could see myself buying and playing it on this service.

Just now, McWicked said:

I suppose you can try and call Fortnite a casual game.  Not sure when third person battle royal shooters became "casual".  Back in the Wii days casual games were just mini game compilations. :] 

it's like CoD - CASUAL af. 

Edited by -GD-

So can we call this faction "Guppies" now?  Guppies in the streaming service?  I'll be the first to join.

Edited by McWicked

Google needs to work on their own CoD/Battle Royale clone.

Epic Games won't give them Fortnite, because it would have to go through the Google Play store (which they don't do).

EA may or may not give them Apex

CoD players already have consoles and are creatures of habit.

They need their own CoD for people to get into multiplayer matches at anytime from anywhere.