Will Sekiro show that FROM is actually.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can really tell who couldn't beat Dark Souls in this thread.  

looks pretty darksoulish to me. even if it's good they're still a one trick pony.   After Demon's they been making the same game essentially for a decade now. Safe to say they're a one-trick

No upgrades Same weapon No online functionality No PVP No costume change Artificial difficulty ramped up to lengthen the reported 6-8 hour campaign   Thanks a lot he

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Oh.. trust me :reg: 

I'm not saying it won't be good, or even that it won't be amazing.  It's clearly just different from what Bloodborne was going for.  I don't think Bloodborne makes Dark Souls' combat feel outdated, either.

Dark Souls Remastered Future Press guide: 384 pages.

Bloodborne Future Press guide: 528 pages.

Sekiro Future Press guide: 552 pages.

Let that sink in...

Sekiro will have less armour and weapons to find etc, but the game guide is longer than both BB and DS.

Edit: Those interested -

400 pages for both DS2 and DS3 (although the DS3 one was Prima Guides and Future Press didn’t publish one).

:vince: 

:wow2: 

5 minutes ago, McWicked said:

I'm not saying it won't be good, or even that it won't be amazing.  It's clearly just different from what Bloodborne was going for.  I don't think Bloodborne makes Dark Souls' combat feel outdated, either.

Nah I know, I'm just fucking with ya.

It's going to feel different enough imo.  More agile and fluid in what you can do.  Also apparently the enemies don't just let you dash/roll around them and attack from behind.  You have to fight for your hits :glad: 

I understand people preferring BB's world/aesthetic over Sekiro's.  The settings alone can play a huge part in one's interest in a game.  It's all good though.  I think this game is going to be beautiful though.. and if rumors are true.. the world is the best FROM's created since DS1.  This game's world is interconnected like that game, so I think a good amount of people will appreciate that.

We'll see though.  2 days :glad: 

I want to skip bloodborne and dark souls 3 to play sekiro. the first 3 souls games kinda burned me out. :mjcry: 

but I want to play them in order. that means I have to play bloodborne and then dark souls 3 before I can get started with sekiro. :mjcry: 

9 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Nah I know, I'm just fucking with ya.

It's going to feel different enough imo.  More agile and fluid in what you can do.  Also apparently the enemies don't just let you dash/roll around them and attack from behind.  You have to fight for your hits :glad: 

I understand people preferring BB's world/aesthetic over Sekiro's.  The settings alone can play a huge part in one's interest in a game.  It's all good though.  I think this game is going to be beautiful though.. and if rumors are true.. the world is the best FROM's created since DS1.  This game's world is interconnected like that game, so I think a good amount of people will appreciate that.

We'll see though.  2 days :glad: 

This is gonna sound weird, but I'm expecting it to be a generational leap from what Onimusha was doing back in the day.  You had to know how to parry in that game to get anywhere.  Sekiro's gonna be that on steroids.

The unfortunate part is that I probably won't get to play Sekiro just like I haven't been able to play RE2.  There's a reason I'm a sheep playing switch or modding a GBA. :]  

• Like 1