Will Sekiro show that FROM is actually.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can really tell who couldn't beat Dark Souls in this thread.  

looks pretty darksoulish to me. even if it's good they're still a one trick pony.   After Demon's they been making the same game essentially for a decade now. Safe to say they're a one-trick

No upgrades Same weapon No online functionality No PVP No costume change Artificial difficulty ramped up to lengthen the reported 6-8 hour campaign   Thanks a lot he

looks pretty darksoulish to me. even if it's good they're still a one trick pony.

After Demon's they been making the same game essentially for a decade now. Safe to say they're a one-trick pony. Anyone here even remember or give two shits about armored core? when'd the last one even drop, two gens ago? :drake: 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

looks pretty darksoulish to me. even if it's good they're still a one trick pony.

After Demon's they been making the same game essentially for a decade now. Safe to say they're a one-trick pony. Anyone here even remember or give two shits about armored core? when'd the last one even drop, two gens ago? :drake: 

Bloodborne > all.  Though that's hard for a lot of people to understand since most didn't beat the game, or even get past the vacuous Rom to see that the moon and the cosmos are one. :ben: 

3 minutes ago, bhytre said:

No upgrades

Same weapon

No online functionality

No PVP

No costume change

Artificial difficulty ramped up to lengthen the reported 6-8 hour campaign

Thanks a lot hermits :D

bu but it's soulz!!! :cries:

Idiots:cruise: 

2 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Bloodborne > all.  Though that's hard for a lot of people to understand since most didn't beat the game, or even get past the vacuous Rom to see that the moon and the cosmos are one. :ben: 

This game is going to shit on BB :juggle: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

This game is going to shit on BB :juggle: 

Not possible for me.  Bloodborne is the rare combination of gameplay + setting and themes that Sekiro won't be able to touch.  I just don't care as much about a Japanese period setting as I do about a perfect victorian gothic horror turned lovecraftian cosmic horror. 

It'll prolly top Dark Souls, tho.

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

What's with the japanese and giving everyone a Super-Arm?

maxresdefault.jpg

651-ougDMC5BDcover.jpg

berserk_ps4_review2.jpg

SO they can jerk off harder to overrated FLOPS :D

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, McWicked said:

yeah that game owned, my favorite by far but the aesthetics will win anyone over on it.

That fucking spider, took like a million tries. I gave up on the challenge rooms because they put an ever harder version of him there. :scared: 

Just now, Bodycount N said:

yeah that game owned, my favorite by far but the aesthetics will win anyone over on it.

That fucking spider, took like a million tries. I gave up on the challenge rooms because they put an ever harder version of him there. :scared: 

All his little fuckin' spider babies ground-pounding your ass. :scared: 

10 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Fair enough...  but nah.  Sekiro >> BB. 

BB is going to feel slow and archaic combat-wise as well :juggle: 

Guys, the game is hard

renderTimingPixel.png

I'm one of those lucky bastards who got his physical copy (PS4) today and I'm 5h in right now. All I can say is, that Sekiro is really hard. In 5h of playtime I have defeated 3 mini bosses and one real boss (who took me around 10-15 tries). I dumped hundreds of hours in every Souls title and Bloodborne, but Sekiro is on another level.

So anybody who worries that the game might be too casual, too easy and the resurrect mechanic forgiveable - no, just no. Your character barely can take 2-3 hits (from pretty much any opponent), mini bosses are a real challenge (Black Knights are a joke against them) and you need to master the parry mechanic in order to defeat bosses and even some standard enemies. Healing items are limited (my flask has max 3 charges atm) and you can't really grind for exp, since the most skillpoints require 2-4 level ups, which you lose completely if dying often. Status upgrades are aquired from loot only (from (mini) bosses), so not grindable either.

edit: so you can take this also as a confirmation that the game is not (too) short. I also have detected only two areas so far (tutorial excluded). The one from the demo and another one, you could also see in previews. And there are still many areas left on the fast travel map.

I love it.

The combat mechanic is outstanding. This might be the best sword combat focused game I've ever played. Every hit, every parry feels massive.

The world feels very interlaced, it doesn't feel linear, you pretty much always have 2-3 routes you can go. The level design on its own is great too. Very vertical, so you have many options how to explore and approach your enemies.

The OST is sick too. Way more music than in other FS games and the music changes in combat.

There's 13 confirmed bosses in the game

:glad: :juggle: :glad: