Philly S - `Google imma let you finish, but MS will have the Best E3 of all time`

:yeshrug:

Xbox boss Phil Spencer his circulated an internal memo following the Google Stadia announcement promising that Microsoft will ‘go big’ at this year's E3 conference.

We just wrapped up watching the Google announcement of Stadia as team here at GDC. Their announcement is validation of the path we embarked on two years ago.

Today we saw a big tech competitor enter the gaming market, and frame the necessary ingredients for success as Content, Community and Cloud. There were no big surprises in their announcement although I was impressed by their leveraging of YouTube, the use of Google Assistant and the new WiFi controller.

But I want get back to us, there has been really good work to get us to the position where we are poised to compete for 2 billion gamers across the planet. Google went big today and we have a couple of months until E3 when we will go big.

We have to stay agile and continue to build with our customer at the center. We have the content, community, cloud team and strategy, and as I’ve been saying for a while, it’s all about execution. This is even more true today.

Energizing times.

Phil

Amazon is another company said to be entering the game streaming arena soon. Like Google, it has begun establishing its own first-party studios.

Gamers wanting to stream their games on a new platform like Google's would need to pay for them again (or at least for those not part of a ‘Xbox Game Pass’-like subscription service.) Xbox gamers could be able to stream their existing purchases much like backwards compatibility allowed them to access their older titles for previous generations.

We'll have to wait until E3 to see what Xbox has planned in this space, but it sounds like Spencer is confident Stadia poses little threat.

https://www.developer-tech.com/news/2019/mar/20/phil-spencer-google-stadia-xbox-e3/

26 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Fuck the cloud. Fuck it all to hell. Fuck streaming, fuck latency, fuck google, fuck Microsoft. Stop trying to ruin gaming. 

If buying a physical copy of a game on Xbox allowed me to then stream it to any device as an added benefit, then I’m completely on board. 

I will NEVER buy a console that doesn’t let me own my games and play them locally. Streaming will always always always be a cherry on top. It’s never going to attract me when it’s the whole sundae. 

Edited by teh_4th

LOL, this means absolutely nothing coming out of Phil Spencer's mouth.

If anything, the fact that he had to make a memo to send to all of his employees, and that memo was release publicly means that they are spooked.

If Google did something that MS already knows they can do better and are in a better position to show people soon, all Phil Spencer had to do was make a short tweet "You'll see what we have, soon." Exude confidence, keep it short.

Instead he sounds like a coach who's trying to desperately get his team amped up in the 3rd Quarter as a last ditch effort.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

LOL, this means absolutely nothing coming out of Phil Spencer's mouth.

If anything, the fact that he had to make a memo to send to all of his employees, and that memo was release publicly means that they are spooked.

If Google did something that MS already knows they can do better and are in a better position to show people soon, all Phil Spencer had to do was make a short tweet "You'll see what we have, soon." Exude confidence, keep it short.

Instead he sounds like a coach who's trying to desperately get his team amped up in the 3rd Quarter as a last ditch effort.

i dont think this ever meant to br internal. What employee by now wouldnt know what they`ll be able to reveal in the coming months? This was a PR statement made to look like it `leaked`

confirmed: He threw in the towel '2 years ago'.

2017, just like I said. the nightmare year for Xbox. Literally the lineup was

Forza 7

Cuphead (now on Switch)

PubG (Now on PS4)

:rofl: 

that was the year i threw in the towel. no you know why. this fucker was prepping the streambox future on our dime. 

:deniro:you fucker, phil. you fucker.

• Haha 1