lemkids this is your captain speaking

17 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

there was many ways Phil could have taken xbox. Many directions.

Had he have scaled back, kept Xbox as a niche console, even with just halo/gears/forza as exclusives, he could have kept the hardcore, diehard fans happy. Real exclusives, even one would have made them happy.

He chose his path. Abandon the hardcore. Throw the hardcore gamer out. He chose that.

It's on him 100%, no excuses. His vision for xbox just sucked ass and the fans paid the ultimate price.

He couldn't sell this idea to the CEO. Period.

He had to make a pitch that they would accept to keep dumping money into the division, he made the only choice he could under the leadership. The leadership didnt give him the mandate to "save" the XBox.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

He couldn't sell this idea to the CEO. Period.

He had to make a pitch that they would accept to keep dumping money into the division, he made the only choice he could under the leadership. The leadership didnt give him the mandate to "save" the XBox.

The moment I read the news story that Phil Spencer was "promoted" to be part of Microsoft's CEO inner circle of executives from all departments, I knew that Phil Spencer had just lost control over the Xbox division and he was going to be told what to do from that point forward.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The moment I read the news story that Phil Spencer was "promoted" to be part of Microsoft's CEO inner circle of executives from all departments, I knew that Phil Spencer had just lost control over the Xbox division and he was going to be told what to do from that point forward.

Let's not pretend for a second that Phil Spencer DIDN'T get promoted without pitching this idea first himself.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Let's not pretend for a second that Phil Spencer DIDN'T get promoted without pitching this idea first himself.

I'm thinking of a character from a movie who ends up making a deal to just save their own ass and sellout everybody else.

He reminds me of that douchebag that tried to negotiate himself out by giving up McClane in Die Hard

1xS2XladyuA4jMAfFo5mWcA-768x383.jpeg

Brave byhtre is like a starship captain gazing into a burning sun. As he looks ahead stone-faced, he utters this last command: 

"Ship, continue northwards. Bring me into the inferno. So that we may die with honor. This is my last transmission." 

A true hero.  A true space Captain. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

even if they sold off xbox it would have been better. any other company would have had the sense to get exclusives. 

Nokia had exclusives for Ngage.

The Amazon/Samsung/whatever the fuck Xbox, anything other than MS, would have had exclusives. :D 

Dave and Busters :mj:

45 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I bet not one SW sheep played it online in the past week, stop shilling :tom:

Nintendo is stuck in the past, the online still stinks and the games are the same old crap. 

Maybe when a Ditch revision comes out I'd get one but right now it's an unappealing turd of a handheld and not a serious system :reg: 

SMASH ULTIMATE is :bate:

you cannot resist... Princess Zelda is calling you :dame: