Oculus Rift S announced - 1440p LCD, Better Lenses, 5 camera inside-out tracking, Halo strap, $399

I thought this announcement already happened..........I read and deleted the email I received announcing this.

Funny enough, they didn't change the computer requirements at all, so my GTX 970 still falls under "recommended" requirements, as does my CPU. I think this one requires 3 USB 3.0 connections, however.

Didn't Hewlet Packard develop a 2160 x 2160 resolution for each eye for their VR headset?

Something I read that the POV was going to be about 116 degress or something like that. How much is Ocolus Rift POV?

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I thought this announcement already happened..........I read and deleted the email I received announcing this.

Funny enough, they didn't change the computer requirements at all, so my GTX 970 still falls under "recommended" requirements, as does my CPU. I think this one requires 3 USB 3.0 connections, however.

Nah it didn't.  It was pretty much confirmed though before.

And nah, why would they change the requirements.  Games don't have to run at the native resolution of the display..  and they have to target the Rift base that's already out there.  What this allows is for users with better hardware to scale up.

The nice thing about this though is that there's no external sensors required.. so no more using 3 USB ports for roomscale :smoke: 

Literally connect one USB, and the displayport cable :blessed: 

Also, Oculus is telling Oculus Studios to develop for Quest and Rift (as in release your games for both of them) and they announced cross-play and cross-buy with them.  That's fucking awesome, because the all-in-one Quest will sell really well for Oculus.  This is essentially bringing the two ecosystems together and expanding their VR market drastically.  The Quest is going to sell VERY well... and at $399, the Rift S should do much better than the original Rift.

A bunch of games were announced too :glad: