Did you find your calling in life?

Not really

I did a bunch of years in marketing but I really couldn’t see my passion in it

Started a business which I loved but didn’t have that unique money making idea

Now in a decent Human Resources role earning over $100k a year, which I’m enjoying but is full of company politics and definitely feel like I’m back in the rat race 

I see myself going back to being a business owner eventually

Been priced out of the Sydney property owning market with prices starting near $1.5 million which has been a real disappointment

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm 37 and I just made a decision that will probably change my life drastically. Is it going to be worth it? Will I make it? Who knows but life is not to play it safe. I have health and people I trust and love which is all I need right now. In the meantime I listen to Bill Hicks, the guy was full of wisdom.

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: 'Is this real? Or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and they say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid -- ever -- because... this is just a ride.' And we kill those people. 'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry; look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that -- ever notice that? -- and we let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because... it's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort. No worry. No job. No savings and money. Just a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy bigger guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one." - Bill Hicks

CWWe8ctWIAAAFox.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Voidler said:

Not really

Now in a decent Human Resources role earning over $100k a year, which I’m enjoying but is full of company politics and definitely feel like I’m back in the rat race 

Been priced out of the Sydney property owning market with prices starting near $1.5 million which has been a real disappointment

If all fails you can always fall back on rocket league at least :dame:

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

Being a mover of furniture not cutting it any more eh :kaz:

That was years ago idiot :mj:

Besides it was one fun ass job to be honest, time flies when every day is different and you relax when colleagues drive to your next client :glad:

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Voidler said:

Link?

As GD said, dont wanna unveil that stuff yet. But one day if we're still al here I definitely wanna reveal it all . One of the reasons why I stopped doing all the comic stuff here is cause theres no time left when animation eats up so many hours.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Voidler said:

Not really

Come to the west brahhh. The Real Sydney :face:

17 hours ago, dakur said:

I'm 37 and I just made a decision that will probably change my life drastically. Is it going to be worth it? Will I make it? Who knows but life is not to play it safe. I have health and people I trust and love which is all I need right now. In the meantime I listen to Bill Hicks, the guy was full of wisdom.

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: 'Is this real? Or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and they say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid -- ever -- because... this is just a ride.' And we kill those people. 'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry; look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that -- ever notice that? -- and we let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because... it's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort. No worry. No job. No savings and money. Just a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy bigger guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one." - Bill Hicks

CWWe8ctWIAAAFox.jpg

:lawd:

• Like 1