Stadia is the Future

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Maybe not, but they will help push this forward.

You guys are clearly underestimating Google. Even if Sony, MS, and Nintendo all joined forces to create their own streaming service they would still lack the amount of money and resources Google has at their disposal for this type of project. If anyone could pull this off, its them.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You guys are clearly underestimating Google. Even if Sony, MS, and Nintendo all joined forces to create their own streaming service they would still lack the amount of money and resources Google has at their disposal for this type of project. If anyone could pull this off, its them.

Microsoft has more money and just as many resources if not more. What they also have already is a solidified gaming brand, something Google lacks. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, Twinblade said:

I think they have a high chance of succeeding and is all thanks to how they will be pushing this with youtube. But this is also google, the company that is known for abandoning a lot of projects.

Just now, Alphonse said:

But google has the younger gen eyes with youtube.

Yeah, well MS has Mixer

:mroff:

2 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

But google has the younger gen eyes with youtube.

Eh, they both have the ability to push this through the same mediums; Youtube being device agnostic doesn't disconnect it from the reality that Microsoft can target and release on all the same devices which can make use of Youtube.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

I would say MS has this won hands down. All the Studios they bought, Googles one Jade Raymond studio cannot and will not complete.

But, is MS going to put their games on Strada as well? If it takes off, I def see them doing it.

Its gonna be interesting tho, as they will both launch probably in the same general time frame.

I think being streaming only is a mistake. There's going to be a lot of people that have a subpar experience with this service due to things outside of Google's control and without that fallback of a piece of hardware they'll just go elsewhere.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Eh, they both have the ability to push this through the same mediums; Youtube being device agnostic doesn't disconnect it from the reality that Microsoft can target and release on all the same devices. 

But google is integrating Stadia into youtube. If they do it as seamless as they promoted it and it takes off, then I see this as something that will be very hard for MS to fight against.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I would say MS has this won hands down. All the Studios they bought, Googles one Jade Raymond studio cannot and will not complete.

But, is MS going to put their games on Strada as well? If it takes off, I def see them doing it.

Its gonna be interesting tho, as they will both launch probably in the same general time frame.

They're both probably going to be launching in 2020, the big difference though is Microsoft will be launching a new console generation as well which will give them a huge leg up in marketing and exposure.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

On 2019-03-10 at 6:06 PM, Twinblade said:

This is probably going to be a glorified android/mobile port box. I like how people are automatically assuming its going to kill sony and nintendo just because google is behind it. how quickly everyone forgot about google plus, the supposed facebook killer. Just because they have a lot of money and power doesn't mean everything they put out is going to be an instant success.

:mindblown:

1 minute ago, Alphonse said:

But google is integrating Stadia into youtube. If they do it as seamless as they promoted it and it takes off, then I see this as something that will be very hard for MS to fight against.

That doesn't really mean anything because Microsoft can still target basically every device capable of running Youtube, it's not some real advantage. 

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The only problem with Google is that they are so big that even with the scope of this thing, to them it's a drop in the ocean. They will happily dump is like Google Plus or Google Glass if it doesn't become a hit. Meanwhile for Sony, gaming is basically what saved them and it's their most profitable aspect, for Nintendo it's all they have and for MS it's become a fairly major focus too.

Google have the resources and capabilities to become the industry leader but do they have the desire or need to? How hard will they push this? Especially since at launch it is going to be fairly limited in the broad sense of things.

I still think the way to go is slow steps into streaming. What google is doing now is like if a console went digital only intstead of slowly increasing digital adoption while still providing all the physical capabilities.  

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

I think being streaming only is a mistake. There's going to be a lot of people that have a subpar experience with this service due to things outside of Google's control and without that fallback of a piece of hardware they'll just go elsewhere.

That's its Achilles heel. That's why I think it's the future and not the present. If 5G works out for rural areas than maybe then Google will be able to succeed with this.