Digital Foundry: Sekiro :D

4 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

the GOTY* is here, boys :blessed:

b7XoeAP.jpg

*provided tlou2 doesnt release this year

Indeed.  The combat in this game is godlike... especially once it "clicks".  It's going to feel so weird going back to Souls/BB games after this.  My hope is that they incorporate certain elements from this game into any future Souls game.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-performance-analysis   But what about the resolution basics? Sekiro is the first From Software game to aim for h

As far as consoles... This game is best on Pro confirmed.       Not only does pro have an higher avg frame rate...... it also actually hits 60fps as the highest frame rate.   

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

As far as consoles... This game is best on Pro confirmed.  :whoo:

Not only does pro have an higher avg frame rate...... it also actually hits 60fps as the highest frame rate. 

Meanwhile the 1X NEVER gets to 60fps not once :will:

148j2q.png

PS4 pro has been outperforming 1X on a consistent basis so far in 2019

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

RE2 looks like blurry shit on X1X... and runs worse overall...deal with it

DMC5 looks a tiny bit sharper... and runs worse on X1X... deal with it

"bu but you don't play cutscenes" :cry:   Yea, and yet it's extremely noticeable when you're running along at a smooth 60fps and then the cutscene cuts in and runs ~40-50fps unlocked.  It's jarring.  Consistency overall is much better... you're not fooling anyone.

Again... resolution percentages mean fuck all when explaining PERCEPTIBLE differences in IQ.  You're throwing numbers out there like 44% gains.. which sound HUGE... and here's the result...

PRO

40491909923_abfd9b4fb0_o.png

X1X

47457926501_a94fb7544c_o.png

And boo... I HAVE been PC gaming for decades...  and I have been gaming at 4K since 2013.. :francis: 

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

the GOTY* is here, boys :blessed:

b7XoeAP.jpg

*provided tlou2 doesnt release this year

Sweet. I picked up the CE too. The model is much better quality than I expected :obama:

On 2019-03-21 at 2:27 PM, JONBpc said:

If both are 30 to 40 I'd play this on Xbox for the better iq. It's trash on both , and it looks like a ps3 game wtf they can't make this 60fps ?

Yah I don’t get why people act like variable frame rates between 30-40 is better than locked 30 FPS.

does this game not have any form of vsync or wtf? 

After all that hype for DoneX, it's mind-boggling to think that it's still getting outperformed by Protato on most occasions. This isn't one or two rare cases, it's nearly every damned game. This is epidemic levels. :D 

MS's mandating higher res at the expense of framerate? Not a good look. DoneX was supposed to be a clear cut winner, this middle of the road shit is not what lems signed up for.

Beyond designing a pretty box, it seems MS's engineers are still inept.

It's a monster, indeed.