Digital Foundry: Sekiro :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-performance-analysis   But what about the resolution basics? Sekiro is the first From Software game to aim for h

As far as consoles... This game is best on Pro confirmed.       Not only does pro have an higher avg frame rate...... it also actually hits 60fps as the highest frame rate.   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

More than all of this it just shows the continued lack of intelligence or capability in coding in Japanese game development. Wild framerates which jump all over the place, no resolution adjustment to improve these wild framerates, no framerate cap, when a framerate cap is present there's horrible frame pacing... Does their incompetence know no bounds... They may produce some great games but their technical decision making and ability is pathetic. 

Meanwhile RE2 Remake and DMC5 just released and are two extremely impressive looking games which run great with no issues for the most part....

Oops.. those are two other games where the PRO outperforms the X1X.. :francis: 

But LMAO Sekiro on consoles :freeman: 

2019 has been an ideal showcase why checkerboarding done right is the ideal way to approach the resolution problem of 4K pixel counts in closed specced boxes.

If the patented 4K 60fps checkerboard solution with variable framerates works out we are in for a huge treat next gen even with the modest GPU bump over the iterations.

Edited by Team 2019
Just now, Remij_ said:

Meanwhile RE2 Remake and DMC5 just released and are two extremely impressive looking games which run great with no issues for the most part....

Oops.. those are two other games where the PRO outperforms the X1X.. :francis: 

But LMAO Sekiro on consoles :freeman: 

First off RE2 on Pro doesn't "outperform" the X, it's the same resolution with less AA and has lesser performance. And Devil May Cry 5 runs at a 44% higher resolution on X with a 4% lower overall framerate which is imperceptible in its inconsistency just like Sekiro... The difference being? There's remedies for these things on the X, there's none on the Pro.  

You guys are the dumbest people alive. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

X has only two noticeable wins this year. Metro and Division 2. Everything else is arguably better on Pro or even in the worst case of spinning equal.

Define how something is worse because it has marginal and nigh unnoticeable framerate differences yet substantial resolution increases, AA implementations not available on the Pro and shadow improvements.

There's nothing arguable about it, you guys are latching onto something the X can mitigate via FreeSync or high refresh rate which bodes a perceptibly smoother gameplay experience while also running at considerably higher resolutions producing a better visual experience as well. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

First off RE2 on Pro doesn't "outperform" the X, it's the same resolution with less AA and has lesser performance. And Devil May Cry 5 runs at a 44% higher resolution on X with a 4% lower overall framerate which is imperceptible in its inconsistency just like Sekiro... The difference being? There's remedies for these things on the X, there's none on the Pro.  

You guys are the dumbest people alive. 

RE2 runs more consistently and looks sharper.  Looks blurry as fuck on X1X.. deal with it man.  RE2 on X1X also drops frames like a motherfucker in cutscenes.  Pro is more consistent.  DMC5 runs better on PRO and again, much better in cutscenes.. it's more consistent.  The res increase is hardly noticeable, and definitely less so while playing.  

It's hilarious watching you talk about 4% lower fps and that not being noticeable... while at the same time pretending like DMC5's resolution advantage on X is SO noticeable during gameplay.  Nobody gives a fuck about a slight resolution bump...and throwing res % numbers out there doesn't tell the whole story with regards to how perceptible of a difference there is.. get out of here with that shit. :reg: 

X's performance this year has been lackluster as fuck from studios from all over the world.  Anthem is another example...  

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Define how something is worse because it has marginal and nigh unnoticeable framerate differences yet substantial resolution increases, AA implementations not available on the Pro and shadow improvements.

There's nothing arguable about it, you guys are latching onto something the X can mitigate via FreeSync or high refresh rate which bodes a perceptibly smoother gameplay experience while also running at considerably higher resolutions producing a better visual experience as well. 

:sabu: 

A even lesser fraction of a tiny fraction of people to begin with :hest: 

14 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

2019 has been an ideal showcase why checkerboarding done right is the ideal way to approach the resolution problem of 4K pixel counts in closed specced boxes.

If the patented 4K 60fps checkerboard solution with variable framerates works out we are in for a huge treat next gen even with the modest GPU bump over the iterations.

The irony of hoping for variable fps support in consoles... so you can attach it to your PC monitor :hest: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The irony of hoping for variable fps support in consoles... so you can attach it to your PC monitor :hest: 

I thought all variable framerate did was duplicate a few frames if there was a few framerate drops in the scene, and this will work on any standard TV if baked into the console.

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I thought all variable framerate did was duplicate a few frames if there was a few framerate drops in the scene, and this will work on any standard TV if baked into the console.

Now I'm not sure what you are talking about.  I assumed you meant variable refresh-rate support.

Are you talking about interpolation?

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

RE2 runs more consistently and looks sharper.  Looks blurry as fuck on X1X.. deal with it man.  RE2 on X1X also drops frames like a motherfucker in cutscenes.  Pro is more consistent.  DMC5 runs better on PRO and again, much better in cutscenes.. it's more consistent.  The res increase is hardly noticeable, and definitely less so while playing.  

It's hilarious watching you talk about 4% lower fps and that not being noticeable... while at the same time pretending like DMC5's resolution advantage on X is SO noticeable during gameplay.  Nobody gives a fuck about a slight resolution bump...and throwing res % numbers out there doesn't tell the whole story with regards to how perceptible of a difference there is.. get out of here with that shit. :reg: 

X's performance this year has been lackluster as fuck from studios from all over the world.  Anthem is another example...  

You're dumb, flat out you're a fucking moron which doesn't surprise me in the least given your lame ass PC ruse. 

Resident Evil 2 has a better framerate on the X during gameplay and even with cutscenes accounted for it maintains a higher average, also it doesn't look blurry as fuck especially in motion. It looks clean. The lack of AA on Pro results is extremely distracting specular highlights on any reflective surface which makes it appear like diamonds were scattered all around the environment refracting light, it almost looks like graphical artifacting when memory overheats. Yeah the framerate is better in cutscenes but who cares? You don't play the cutscenes, they're non-interactive and make up a tiny percentage of the whole. 

Devil May Cry 5 resolves to a 44% higher resolution and in the end has about a 3-4% overall difference in framerate as far as gameplay is concerned. You're never going to see that, you're never going to notice that, they're imperceptible differences which can only be perceived with framerate counters and you damn well know this. That's not a gain which in any way outweighs a 44% gain in persistent resolution increase and again AA not seen on the Pro which you see at all times from beginning to end. 

This is why I don't buy your "PC gamer" shtick, you act knowledgeable in certain instances, you act like you've been into this for decades, but when it comes to things which are common sense and you should know; your brain takes a complete shit.  

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Now I'm not sure what you are talking about.  I assumed you meant variable refresh-rate support.

Are you talking about interpolation?

I guess I confused stuff. Anyways the next gen patents were specifically using the term checkerboarding and reconstruction with variable refresh rates. Make of that what you will.

23 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're dumb, flat out you're a fucking moron which doesn't surprise me in the least given your lame ass PC ruse. 

Resident Evil 2 has a better framerate on the X during gameplay and even with cutscenes accounted for it maintains a higher average, also it doesn't look blurry as fuck especially in motion. It looks clean. The lack of AA on Pro results is extremely distracting specular highlights on any reflective surface which makes it appear like diamonds were scattered all around the environment refracting light, it almost looks like graphical artifacting when memory overheats. Yeah the framerate is better in cutscenes but who cares? You don't play the cutscenes, they're non-interactive and make up a tiny percentage of the whole. 

Devil May Cry 5 resolves to a 44% higher resolution and in the end has about a 3-4% overall difference in framerate as far as gameplay is concerned. You're never going to see that, you're never going to notice that, they're imperceptible differences which can only be perceived with framerate counters and you damn well know this. That's not a gain which in any way outweighs a 44% gain in persistent resolution increase and again AA not seen on the Pro which you see at all times from beginning to end. 

This is why I don't buy your "PC gamer" shtick, you act knowledgeable in certain instances, you act like you've been into this for decades, but when it comes to things which are common sense and you should know; your brain takes a complete shit.  

RE2 looks like blurry shit on X1X... and runs worse overall...deal with it

DMC5 looks a tiny bit sharper... and runs worse on X1X... deal with it

"bu but you don't play cutscenes" :cry:   Yea, and yet it's extremely noticeable when you're running along at a smooth 60fps and then the cutscene cuts in and runs ~40-50fps unlocked.  It's jarring.  Consistency overall is much better... you're not fooling anyone.

Again... resolution percentages mean fuck all when explaining PERCEPTIBLE differences in IQ.  You're throwing numbers out there like 44% gains.. which sound HUGE... and here's the result...

PRO

40491909923_abfd9b4fb0_o.png

X1X

47457926501_a94fb7544c_o.png

And boo... I HAVE been PC gaming for decades...  and I have been gaming at 4K since 2013.. :francis: 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I guess I confused stuff. Anyways the next gen patents were specifically using the term checkerboarding and reconstruction with variable refresh rates. Make of that what you will.

Yea, variable refresh-rates.. lol which is different than variable frame-rates... which is extremely common lmao.