"Mind blown for Cuphead? Good luck with the rest of the year"

a9c821f95c7092e7e3a266503d906398.png

I've been down to Xbox

I've seen the streets on 360

I've driven down to Xbox One, I've even seen Windows 10

I've been through DoneX, Hell, even seen STEAM, and damn you know they ain't worth shiiit

But I'm

Comin' hOoooOOOoome! tumblr_ok0cgiBBXH1sqnlaqo1_r5_400.gif

I'm

Comin' Hooome tumblr_ok0cgiBBXH1sqnlaqo1_r5_400.gif

I'm

CoooOOOoooOOmin's HooooooOOOme tumblr_ok0cgiBBXH1sqnlaqo1_r5_400.gif

TLHBFR! :cruise: 

If Switch ends up getting Rare Replay I'm gonna flip a shit. :cruise: 

Better yet, what if we ended up with a Goldeneye remaster on Switch?  No idea who has the rights, but since it was Rare-developed and Nintendo-published, it seems MS and Nintendo can probably get it done.

6 minutes ago, McWicked said:

If Switch ends up getting Rare Replay I'm gonna flip a shit. :cruise: 

Better yet, what if we ended up with a Goldeneye remaster on Switch?  No idea who has the rights, but since it was Rare-developed and Nintendo-published, it seems MS and Nintendo can probably get it done.

Nintendo owns the rights to N64 GoldenEye still. But yeah, Rare Replay would be killer. I'd love to play Conker again.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Nintendo owns the rights to N64 GoldenEye still. But yeah, Rare Replay would be killer. I'd love to play Conker again.

They own partial rights.  The game hasn't seen a re-release on any Nintendo system since N64 and that's likely because of rights issues.

rare replay is a given. MS knows Switch fans want it.

the thing is though, MS is all in on 3rd party on Switch. So I do really think Halo, in some way, is coming.

the best way to introduce halo to Nintendo fans is thru CE in my opinion. the first game, the best game.

I bet my ass it's coming to switch. Halo: Combat Evolved, adapted for Switch. :glad: 

8 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

rare replay is a given. MS knows Switch fans want it.

the thing is though, MS is all in on 3rd party on Switch. So I do really think Halo, in some way, is coming.

the best way to introduce halo to Nintendo fans is thru CE in my opinion. the first game, the best game.

I bet my ass it's coming to switch. Halo: Combat Evolved, adapted for Switch. :glad: 

I doubt they'd just port Halo CE.  If they're porting anything, it's probably MCC.  Switch can run Halo 1-4 plus Reach without much issue; those are all 360 games.

18 minutes ago, McWicked said:

They own partial rights.  The game hasn't seen a re-release on any Nintendo system since N64 and that's likely because of rights issues.

I imagine that the Broccolli estate only gave them the rights to that name, and the rights to Pierce Brosnan's likeness just for the N64 release.

They would probably have to re-license it again for a remake.

I didn't make that Broccolli name up, btw.

EA did Goldeneye, but with Daniel Craig's likeness. Goldeneye will be 25 years old in 2020.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I imagine that the Broccolli estate only gave them the rights to that name, and the rights to Pierce Brosnan's likeness just for the N64 release.

They would probably have to re-license it again for a remake.

I didn't make that Broccolli name up, btw.

EA did Goldeneye, but with Daniel Craig's likeness. Goldeneye will be 25 years old in 2020.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo had the rights to the code, but not the property.  Or something like that.  So Nintendo owns the game part of it, but they don't own anything else.

Activision has something in there, since they made the Daniel Craig CoD-lite remake.

I guess they could just reskin it as something else entirely and pretend it's not goldeneye with a wink and a nudge. :] 

18 minutes ago, McWicked said:

I think I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo had the rights to the code, but not the property.  Or something like that.  So Nintendo owns the game part of it, but they don't own anything else.

Activision has something in there, since they made the Daniel Craig CoD-lite remake.

I guess they could just reskin it as something else entirely and pretend it's not goldeneye with a wink and a nudge. :] 

Nintendo owns the rights to the N64 code. 

Not sure who currently owns the rights to the James Bond Video games. 

13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nintendo owns the rights to the N64 code. 

Not sure who currently owns the rights to the James Bond Video games. 

They oughta just reskin it, then.  It's their code, just slap another property on top and call it a day.