Phil Harrison: Stadia starts an "inevitable and one-way shift" away from consoles | gameindustry.biz

20 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It will be interesting too see of Google pulls an epic store and just goes in on Ms and Sony .

They could do it if they wanted. 

Epic is aggressive as fuck and I love it :juggle:

Even the Lemming king Crapgamer agrees.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epic is aggressive as fuck and I love it Even the Lemming king Crapgamer agrees.  

I said this a long time ago now.  Consoles will become unnecessary.  They have another generation left.. maybe 2.  Then it's done.    I said that developers will develop ONE version of their

Sounds like inevitability 

44 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

This is currently Nintendo's "new way of interacting with games" Jer.. :ben: 

Just thought that was funny :D 

Nintendo still wasting their time in this Labo shit? :]

this dude is a loser. Sank the PS3, weaselled his way over to the Xbox camp, was involved in sinking the xbox one at launch, they moved him to head of european studios (where he was in charge of studios like Lionhead) He sank that and got canned, now he's mopping up floors for google.

safe to say anything he's involved in is a non-gamer sham. He's got no passion for the business and you can tell, he's only hired by inept non-gamers to take up space.

100% certain STDia flops because he's involved.

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

So basically they need to become Sega?

:hest:

I love how that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

I suppose if you wear a headband, according to your logic you just became Lebron James? LOL

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

I suppose if you wear a headband, according to your logic you just became Lebron James? LOL

• they need to start creating first-party studios just to churn out annual sports games
  • they need to start thinking about developing more first and second party studios to increase the diversity of their games

So, become Sega? :hest:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:
  • they need to start creating first-party studios just to churn out annual sports games
  • they need to start thinking about developing more first and second party studios to increase the diversity of their games

So, become Sega? :hest:

No. Sega failed to sell consoles.............that's what makes them Sega.

Xbox did a better job emulating Sega than Sony or Nintendo ever could :lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

Can't believe this moron set that up for me.

Just now, Remij_ said:

No...only the successful ones Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Valve could wipe the floor with them right now if they so choose, but for a long term sustainable business they are doing nothing and letting the Epic ship sink itself. 

What Epic is doing is the equivalent of paying for friends.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

if all those 3rd parties left Sony or Nintendo... their consoles will be dead in the water... no matter how good their first party games are.

If those third-parties...leave Nintendo? :wata2:

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Valve could wipe the floor with them right now if they so choose, but for a long term sustainable business they are doing nothing and letting the Epic ship sink itself. 

LOL, Epic is giving developer's a better cut of the revenue.

Steam didn't do it for the 15 years they controlled the PC gaming marketplace.

Steam basically allowed one of the WORST industry practices to ever exist: Early Access.

Now they allowing developers to release games and sell them completely unfinished. Valve never did anything resembling Quality Control.

You know......Sony and Nintendo "pay for friends".......we usually call that exclusive games. I understand why you would be indifferent to that concept, its so foreign to what you're used to.

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Wipe the floor with them?  Eh.. I don't think so.  They both have enough money... Epic is just more likely to spend it.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL, Epic is giving developer's a better cut of the revenue.

Steam didn't do it for the 15 years they controlled the PC gaming marketplace.

Steam basically allowed one of the WORST industry practices to ever exist: Early Access.

Now they allowing developers to release games and sell them completely unfinished. Valve never did anything resembling Quality Control.

You know......Sony and Nintendo "pay for friends".......we usually call that exclusive games. I understand why you would be indifferent to that concept, its so foreign to what you're used to.

It's not about the revenue split, it's nothing to do with that at all and that's a total red herring. 30% has been industry standard forever, it's a front loaded paycheck; that's what it is.

Early Access does not necessitate a retail ready release product and that's abundantly clear everywhere you look. No one is being misinformed, no one is being baited. 

"Sony and Nintendo" are console manufacturers, they run obsolescent closed systems, this is PC friend. Logic not applicable. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not about the revenue split, it's nothing to do with that at all and that's a total red herring. 30% has been industry standard forever, it's a front loaded paycheck; that's what it is.

Early Access does not necessitate a retail ready release product and that's abundantly clear everywhere you look. No one is being misinformed, no one is being baited. 

"Sony and Nintendo" are console manufacturers, they run obsolescent closed systems, this is PC friend. Logic not applicable. 

You're speaking as if 30% revenue cut was written in the Bible 2000 years ago or something.

This is business. This is called competition.

If YOUR COMPETITOR is willing to do something that YOU CAN'T do.......and they TAKE YOUR BUSINESS, there's nothing to complain about.

That's the "invisible hand" of the free market. If you don't understand this extremely simple and straightforward concept, don't ever open your own business.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You're speaking as if 30% revenue cut was written in the Bible 2000 years ago or something.

This is business. This is called competition.

If YOUR COMPETITOR is willing to do something that YOU CAN'T do.......and they TAKE YOUR BUSINESS, there's nothing to complain about.

That's the "invisible hand" of the free market. If you don't understand this extremely simple and straightforward concept, don't ever open your own business.

Call it free market and capitalism, call it whatever you want. It doesn't matter what you call it it's shitty what they're doing. PC has always had an unwritten code of conduct, things you just don't do and Epic is bastardizing all of that and creating a mess pissing off the lions share of people who purchase games on the platform. 

This shouldn't be any real surprise, Tim Sweeney is a Grade A piece of dog shit. Epic has jumped into PC distribution like some rich asshole who just because he has a bunch of money takes a stab at Formula One. I wouldn't invest a dime into what they're doing, they haven't proven themselves, their platform isn't secure and it's 2005 level bare bones trash. All they've done is create a crappy platform and issue checks, they're trying to fast track their business and it's going to fail in spectacular fashion. 

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I think we'll get this final one from Microsoft, Nintendo will peel off into third party software creation and Sony will try to weather the storm and go down in flames attempting to appeal to traditionalism for another console generation no one else will be a part of. 

:shrug:

The epitome of being delusional.

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Call it free market and capitalism, call it whatever you want. It doesn't matter what you call it it's shitty what they're doing. PC has always had an unwritten code of conduct, things you just don't do and Epic is bastardizing all of that and creating a mess pissing off the lions share of people who purchase games on the platform. 

This shouldn't be any real surprise, Tim Sweeney is a Grade A piece of dog shit. Epic has jumped into PC distribution like some rich asshole who just because he has a bunch of money takes a stab at Formula One. I wouldn't invest a dime into what they're doing, they haven't proven themselves, their platform isn't secure and it's 2005 level bare bones trash. All they've done is create a crappy platform and issue checks, they're trying to fast track their business and it's going to fail in spectacular fashion. 

At least Epic is investing their Fortnite money into games, giving developers/publishers a better cut, giving players free games, and offering 100 million to developers with no catch.  Yes they pay for games but this is exactly what they need to do for people to start taking it's store seriously. I struggle to think any of this as a negative except for the hassle of having to open up another store on your PC, big deal.

4 minutes ago, Pureis said:

At least Epic is investing their Fortnite money into games, giving developers/publishers a better cut, giving players free games, and offering 100 million to developers with no catch.  Yes they pay for games but this is exactly what they need to do for people to start taking it's store seriously. I struggle to think any of this as a negative except for the hassle of having to open up another store on your PC, big deal.

That's all well and good but let's get down to brass tacks, they're blowing smoke out of their asses to try and bolster their business. They'll eat 100 million in trickle released funds if they think it can further them, don't for a second think this is out of generosity or actually trying to benefit the industry. Epic and Tim Sweeney are abhorrent. 

When you "open up another store" you're not just opening up another store, this is why Remij pisses me off so much and why I call him a PC gaming fraud, he's a surface level thinker who perpetuates this as just a desktop icon and nothing more. When you get involved with these stores you're beholden to and relinquishing your finances, personal information and rights to this corporation and licenses you purchase. I don't know about you but there should be trust and a wanted symbiotic relationship between you and the company you're giving your money to and having manage your licenses. EGS is not just another store, it's a company who is taking hostage games that otherwise would release to the free market and allow consumers a choice in purchasing. 

Take Metro, Control, The Division 2 etc... If Epic didn't cut them a check for exclusivity what would have happened? They would have released those games on Steam and Epic, or maybe not Epic at all because as a platform and proposition it's poor. They're trying to override the natural order of things, they're trying to override the reality that their policies are garbage, that their platform is garbage, they're trying to override this by offering obscene amounts of money to publishers so they'll look the other way to all the platform and policy problems, and lost sales. I'm sure a lot of developers are pretty pissed at all of this and find it dumb, but they don't make these decisions, money grubbing short-sighted suits from publishing houses do.

You guys are trippin. 

57 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Call it free market and capitalism, call it whatever you want. It doesn't matter what you call it it's shitty what they're doing.

You sound.............quite LIBERAL in typing that sentence. :reg: