More PS5 Specs rumors :francis:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That actually sounds real

This gen all have the biggest CPU jump since PS2 to PS3. Looking at the GPU only is foolish.

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Honestly specs like this aren't really bad in the context of a 399. They're actually fairly good. But its going to be one underwhelming next gen jump overall.

The issue is that Stadia has a ridiculous box size consoles won't have to hit 10,7tflops. It's literally a big PC case.

This is what I warned you about, to hit that price or this kind of time frame expect to be underwhelmed. 

Anyways the specs have been debunked, this is based on speculation. I still think  over 10tflops is guaranteed cause Matt said this and he's a big insider.

But the reason why these specs don't seem underwhelming is because they are very close to Stadia specs.

Edited by Team 2019
Just now, Team 2019 said:

Anyways the specs have been debunked, this is based on speculation. I still think 10tflops is guaranteed cause Matt said this and he's a big insider.

But the reason why these specs don't seem underwhelming is because they are very close to Stadia specs.

You need to eliminate this "insider" shit from your vocabulary, it's doing you no favors. The guy works for NPD Group, he's not an insider; he's just a guy who might get wind of some things that common people don't. 

At this point in time for either Sony or Microsoft absolutely no information will be reliable, it's too far out. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You need to eliminate this "insider" shit from your vocabulary, it's doing you no favors. The guy works for NPD Group, he's not an insider; he's just a guy who might get wind of some things that common people don't. 

At this point in time for either Sony or Microsoft absolutely no information will be reliable, it's too far out. 

You're thinking of the wrong Matt. The one who leaked the studio purchase of MS and various other things.

But anyways back on topic. If we use Stadia as a base 10tflops is very close to what they have, and it seems we aren't getting more than 16 gigs of RAM.

I think it's reasonable to use that as a base for next gen, plus or minus a bit here and there.

So @Team 2019 when are they doing to announce the PS5... or even anything new?

They've been quiet for a while now... and it's not a good look.  Yes, I realize "calm before the storm"... I'm sure they have big shit happening... but E3 2018 was weird from them... despite having big games to show.. none of them have released yet.. Death Stranding is behind schedule a bit... no real word on TLOU2.. and nothing about Ghost of Tsushima either.  So are they going to talk about PS5 before E3.. or is it going to be after?

Just now, Remij_ said:

So @Team 2019 when are they doing to announce the PS5... or even anything?

They've been quiet for a while now... and it's not a good look.  E3 2018 was weird from them... despite having big games to show.. none of them have released yet.. Death Stranding is behind schedule a bit... no real word on TLOU2.. and nothing about Ghost of Tsushima either.  So are they going to talk about PS5 before E3.. or is it going to be after?

I assume an event a bit after E3. They've been silent and running out of new game announcements, they can't keep this up for long even if they do have the games.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

You're thinking of the wrong Matt. The one who leaked the studio purchase of MS and various other things.

But anyways back on topic. If we use Stadia as a base 10tflops is very close to what they have, and it seems we aren't getting more than 16 gigs of RAM.

I think it's reasonable to use that as a base for next gen, plus or minus a bit here and there.

16 GB's of HBM2, I'm more confident in that than I ever was when I first made those assertions. Maybe not both systems but I think one of them will, especially with the reality that AMD already has APU's in the wild with pooled HBM2 and now Stadia is using pooled HBM2. 

Remij thinks I'm crazy but I think I just made a huge bet with the odds stacked against me that has a high probability of actually paying off now.