More PS5 Specs rumors :francis:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It all depends on what your target is, you have to think of things in terms of thresholds. The Vega 56 and 64 are not wildly separate from each other however they have different thresholds. 

The Vega 64 is a basically guaranteed 60+ FPS in games at 1440p with Ultra settings, the Vega 56 doesn't quite reach this capability. The Vega 64 is basically guaranteed 30+ FPS in games at 4K with Ultra settings, the Vega 56 doesn't quite reach this capability. 

They sit relatively close to each other but more often than not one sits on one side of this line and the other sits just below it on the other side. 

If you're thinking about specific settings, and card benchmarks I don't really consoles should be your main multiplat machine. Because they are about what you can put in a box in at reasonable BOM, and price X or Y. That's the key here, not matching setting X or Y.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That actually sounds real

This gen all have the biggest CPU jump since PS2 to PS3. Looking at the GPU only is foolish.

If you ask the average non tech forum poster they just say give me the best hardware you can for 399.

MS's two SKU is a very interesting approach,but I think it complicates things to some extent. It's better and less confusing for the consumer to get the option of a PS5 Pro in 3 years.

I have no idea how MS would market a next iteration with two existing SKUs already, and Anaconda is guaranteed to be pretty shit to anything that comes out 3 years information he gen.

32 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

If you ask the average non tech forum poster they just say give me the best hardware you can for 399.

MS's two SKU is a very interesting approach,but I think it complicates things to some extent. It's better and less confusing for the consumer to get the option of a PS5 Pro in 3 years.

I have no idea how MS would market a next iteration with two existing SKUs already, and Anaconda is guaranteed to be pretty shit to anything that comes out 3 years information he gen.

It's not better for the consumer though, the issue with things like the Pro and X is you run into various support issues. You suddenly have a library which seems half on this side of the generation and half on the other. You have 900p-1080p games and then you have high resolution games but one hardware package. You have developers who don't properly support the hardware because it's such a small percentage of the whole and then others who support it greatly. 

That's the issue with late release mid-generation hardware, if you get two SKU's day one this issue is eradicated from inception. From generation launch most people are going to buy the more expensive SKU as it's geared for filling the normal one console price and performance target, the secondary SKU will be the budget afterthought. When you release mid-gen the higher priced SKU is the afterthought, at generational inception it's not. This also applies to development as well, from inception the higher end machine is the baseline target with trickle down optimization and scaling to the budget option. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
37 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not better for the consumer though, the issue with things like the Pro and X is you run into various support issues. You suddenly have a library which seems half on this side of the generation and half on the other. You have 900p-1080p games and then you have high resolution games but one hardware package. You have developers who don't properly support the hardware because it's such a small percentage of the whole and then others who support it greatly. 

That's the issue with late release mid-generation hardware, if you get two SKU's day one this issue is eradicated from inception. From generation launch most people are going to buy the more expensive SKU as it's geared for filling the normal one console price and performance target, the secondary SKU will be the budget afterthought. When you release mid-gen the higher priced SKU is the afterthought, at generational inception it's not. This also applies to development as well, from inception the higher end machine is the baseline target with trickle down optimization and scaling to the budget option. 

According to Brad Sams the Dev SKUs between Lockhart and Anaconda for devs scaling wise will be blorderline a press of a button. They aren't going to be designed to have different assets, or anything major at all. They're going to be designed with that instant button scaling.

Think Switch docked and undocked.

Edited by Team 2019
13 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Lol what. Even this is a huge upgrade.

It's a 399 box with a controller, 2tb HDD probably with SSD, amazing specs for the price. It's a killer deal.

Xbox One X came out in 2017,  PS5 is going to be 50% more powerful and last until 2027? 

Underpowered,  pass,  fuck consoles

23 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

You must have skipped every console assuming this...

No,  the leaps were always huge from one generation to the next.

i did completely pass on Xbox One and PS4,  and didn’t purchase until the Pro and Xbox One X came out.

glad I did,  bunch of awesome cheap games to choose from.

ill probably do the same next gen if consoles underwhelm with their 9TF crap

1 minute ago, Carlos Vela said:

No,  the leaps were always huge from one generation to the next.

i did completely pass on Xbox One and PS4,  and didn’t purchase until the Pro and Xbox One X came out.

glad I did,  bunch of awesome cheap games to choose from.

ill probably do the same next gen if consoles underwhelm with their 9TF crap

Lol TF is not everything dude.

1 hour ago, Carlos Vela said:

Xbox One X came out in 2017,  PS5 is going to be 50% more powerful and last until 2027? 

Underpowered,  pass,  fuck consoles

That wouldn't really be underpowered though, you're thinking from when the X launched and not from when the generation launched. That's like an 8-10x increase which is typical. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!