Excited about Bloodlines 2? Prepare to get lefted

8 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

That's not the point. It's about forcing the issue, if it feels forced then you can notice, if it's done naturally and genuinely then it's great! If they are doing it for politically and social points then it comes off as tacky and unnecessary.  

If you can explain to me how options in a character creator are "forced", i would fuckin' love to hear it, Cookie. :roff:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Purple haired weirdo.  I bet you love letting your GF peg you     "equal genders means equal penetration" That's you isn't it

You've surrendered your masculinity in order to please mentally ill people.  Let that sink in .  That's your life now     BIG yikes

Posted Images

Just now, McWicked said:

If you can explain to me how options in a character creator are "forced", i would fuckin' love to hear it, Cookie. :roff:

The first information the developers released about this game is the shit I posted in this thread.

Game. Set. Match. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

The first information the developers released about this game is the shit I posted in this thread.

Game. Set. Match. 

Never knew game set match was waving a white flag.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think you get it kid, the fact that this is the first information they wanted people to know means it's being forced...

Which race and gender are you planning on being forced into choosing?

Character creation is not my issue. This is my issue:

To further bring it up to date, it’s been a conscious decision by Hardsuit Labs for Bloodlines 2 to reflect fifteen years of change in the game and real world, and its setting of Seattle. The developer is taking a refreshing approach of weaving politics into the game, both in terms of narrative and gameplay.

Now if they go the Deus Ex approach then it'll be fine. Deus Ex does a great job of presenting the current politics of our world and interweaving the core elements to make them fit the narrative of it's world. It doesn't feel heavy handed, it doesn't feel forced, and you can easily draw correlations between it's world and our world. Basically, it's just very well done.

However, the current trend of movies and games incorporating politics over the past few years and this quote specifically is what has me worried for the game. Pushing for change is fine and I'm all for it. But trying to FORCE change is a problem and is the approach the mediums are going with. This approach is not genuine, stuff is being created with such transparent intentions, you can actually see where they're forcing stuff in just so they can check all the boxes. It just comes across as manufactured bullshit to me and It's made even worse with the self-congratulatory attitude the creators have after the product is complete and anyone who calls them out on the bullshit they produced is immediately labeled the "bad guy". Everything about the situation is just toxic and is counter-productive.

Humans are complex creatures and change doesn't happen in a day. You can push for change but you can't force change. Change is a slow process and when you try to force it, people will push back. Especially when it doesn't feel genuine. Change WILL happen though. Not today, not tomorrow, but it will happen eventually. It just takes time. SJWs don't seem to understand this but trying to force change is not going to speed up the process. It has the exact opposite effect, it's stalling the process.

I hope, I really do hope Bloodlines 2 does go the Deus Ex route because I would be willing to give the game a chance but after everything I've seen from these mediums over the past few years when it comes to these issues, I'm just really skeptical that's going to happen. 

Anyways, that's just my two cents and this is all I'm willing to discuss on the subject. I really don't like participating in these types of conversations because they always turn into shit slinging contests and I have better things to do with my time than take part in that.

On 2019-03-22 at 6:51 PM, Team 2019 said:

People offended about gender choice, when you choose between like 6 different species of vampire clan. :D

you know its fucking bad when somebody living under the Putin regime is looking at white guys in America and saying "jesus christ, guys, stop whining so much about minorities being included.":drake:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

you know its fucking bad when somebody living under the Putin regime is looking at white guys in America and saying "jesus christ, guys, stop whining so much about minorities being included.":drake:

It's not even minorities in the traditional sense.  If you're a straight white guy with ADHD they prolly have an option for you to include that.  

We got some seriously fragile snowflakes in this forum. :roff: 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, McWicked said:

It's not even minorities in the traditional sense.  If you're a straight white guy with ADHD they prolly have an option for you to include that.  

We got some seriously fragile snowflakes in this forum. :roff: 

"but its not that they have gender options............its that they sent out a promotional message that FORCED  THE WOMAN first and it made us believe that we had no choice but to be a woman"

"FORCED MARKETING of women!!!! We need to have FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!! The FREEDOM TO RECEIVE MARKETING THAT SHOWS PICTURES OF MEN FIRST BEFORE SHOWING PICTURES OF WOMEN!!"

"You have no idea how much persecution we're being subjected to!!!!"

wVVz98.gif