Astro expands their lineup with the C40 TR Controller for PS4 priced at $199

1 hour ago, Pureis said:

Why do companies keep making all these 3rd party controllers that are expensive as fuck. Do they even sell that much?

I think like every 12 year old cod kiddie has one 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Not even going to lie... this looks sick as fuck.  And it's for PC as well.  I'm probably going to pick one of these up.  Hopefully the build quality lasts :whew: 

Astro's headsets are pretty high quality, I've never had one break or malfunction. 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Astro's headsets are pretty high quality, I've never had one break or malfunction. 

Yea I've heard they're pretty good.  Also, I'm extremely hopeful, because at first I thought the hand grips were rubber on the back, but they're actually textured plastic.. which means that there's no adhesive to loosen and rubber to peel off :glad: 

Looking at the shape and ergonomics, it looks like a solid mix between the Switch Pro controller shape, and Xbox One controllers.

$270 CAD though.. This is the RTX of controllers :drake: 

Yea I've heard they're pretty good.  Also, I'm extremely hopeful, because at first I thought the hand grips were rubber on the back, but they're actually textured plastic.. which means that there's no adhesive to loosen and rubber to peel off :glad: 

Looking at the shape and ergonomics, it looks like a solid mix between the Switch Pro controller shape, and Xbox One controllers.

$270 CAD though.. This is the RTX of controllers :drake: 

Eh that adhesive peel problem with the Elite is overblown, the same thing happened to my Deathadder on the side grips. You know what I did? Super glue, they haven't moved in years.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Eh that adhesive peel problem with the Elite is overblown, the same thing happened to my Deathadder on the side grips. You know what I did? Super glue, they haven't moved in years.

It's not overblown.  It's happened to mine, and other people who I know irl.  Spending that kind of money on a controller... you shouldn't have to superglue anything...

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's not overblown.  It's happened to mine, and other people who I know irl.  Spending that kind of money on a controller... you shouldn't have to superglue anything...

All adhesive fails with heat and pressure, it's not a design flaw, it's a physical reality. It's overblown and easily correctable. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

All adhesive fails with heat and pressure, it's not a design flaw, it's a physical reality. It's overblown and easily correctable. 

LMAO dude... stop making excuses..  You just said super glue works...  Why are they using shitty adhesive?

Better yet... WHY USE RUBBER FUCKING GRIPS THAT WILL PEEL OFF??

Glad this controller doesn't :glad: 

LMAO dude... stop making excuses..  You just said super glue works...  Why are they using shitty adhesive?

Better yet... WHY USE RUBBER FUCKING GRIPS THAT WILL PEEL OFF??

Glad this controller doesn't :glad: 

They're not using shitty adhesive, they're using adhesive which doesn't actually bond the materials together so the device can still be easily taken apart or repaired by use of a heat gun. Super glue 'permanently' bonds the materials together which is exactly why they don't use it or some form of epoxy.

Using rubber is self evident, you get better grip than plastic regardless of surface texture and it's more comfortable. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're not using shitty adhesive, they're using adhesive which doesn't actually bond the materials together so the device can still be easily taken apart or repaired by use of a heat gun. Super glue 'permanently' bonds the materials together which is exactly why they don't use it or some form of epoxy.

Using rubber is self evident, you get better grip than plastic regardless of surface texture and it's more comfortable. 

It's shitty.  And if you have to use super glue to "fix it"... then you're already "fucking up" your controller.

Shitty adhesive, shitty idea.  Spending $200 and dealing with shitty rubber grips that peel off after 6-12 months (conveniently after their warranty expires)...  If they're going to use rubber, these premium controllers should have 2 year warranties where they send you a brand new one if you have any issues regarding it.

Textured high quality plastic is better.

Just now, Remij_ said:

It's shitty.  And if you have to use super glue to "fix it"... then you're already "fucking up" your controller.

Shitty adhesive, shitty idea.  Spending $200 and dealing with shitty rubber grips that peel off after 6-12 months (conveniently after their warranty expires)...  If they're going to use rubber, these premium controllers should have 2 year warranties where they send you a brand new one if you have any issues regarding it.

Textured high quality plastic is better.

I beg to differ.