Microsoft's "PlayFab Party" service will offer cross-platform chat and matchmaking features to devs. Being demoed on Nintendo Switch hardware at GDC.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Y'all are dumb, extreme edge cases and you're acting like this is for every game. Don't quit your day jobs because analysis of reality isn't for you. 

In MS games Switch will get all the benefits of Live with no fee, if this isn't an insult in itself I don't know what is.

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

In MS games Switch will get all the benefits of Live with no fee, if this isn't an insult in itself I don't know what is.

It's not an insult, you can't expand into other markets like this or PC for example and expect to charge for something like this. It's not universal support on a platform wide basis and it applies to select titles only. It may not cost money for people using the services externally but it enriches the experience for those who do pay for it and benefit from it platform wide i.e. Xbox. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

That's one of the most bizarre images I've seen in a while.

This is easily up there with something like Final Fantasy XIII sporting the X360 logo at whatever E3 that was so many years ago.

Just weird times right now. Weird times, indeed.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sabo said:

That's one of the most bizarre images I've seen in a while.

This is easily up there with something like Final Fantasy XIII sporting the X360 logo at whatever E3 that was so many years ago.

Just weird times right now. Weird times, indeed.

I just want that Xbox One X devkit.