So I just started Demon Souls

2 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Wanted to give this one more try. I'm choosing Knight, good choice? What stats do I pump first, any advice?

Pump vitality otherwise you gonna die real fast. Block everything with a shield and then attack. 

then you can put your souls into endurance and strength. 

Oh fuck, it's been SOOOO long since I've played Demon Souls.... If you were playing any of the Dark Souls games or Bloodborne I'd be able to help with no problems. But fuck, I can't really remember shit from Demon Souls.

I guess some general advice that applies to all the games could be helpful though.

-Health and Stamina are always beneficial stats to dump points into.

-Only upgrade attributes when you have a weapon you want to use, and only upgrade the stats to the appropriate requirements for the weapon. Don't bother dumping further into those stats for the time being, instead just upgrade the weapon. The benefits of the stat scaling don't really show themselves until the weapon is upgraded a lot, at that point you can start dumping into the appropriate stat(s). On a similar note, Quality builds are really strong in Demon Souls so you may want to consider it for your build.

-Do test runs against bosses. Don't pressure yourself into trying to beat a boss on the first try. Take some time and just observe the boss's behavior and analyzing how their attacks work. 

-Search everywhere. These games will always reward your curiosity.

-For Demon Souls specifically, if you're having trouble with an area don't be stubborn and stick with it- instead just leave and try another area. There is an optimal path to take through the zones but unfortunately it's not really noticeable until after you've completed the game.

Edited by Sabo

tbh all you have to do is max vitality and endurance and some strength/magic/faith depending on your build. 

and if you have any trouble you can farm herbs and souls. Demon's souls is relatively easy compared to dark souls and onwards if you want it be. 

But make sure you enjoy some of the boss fights, they are unique. :glad: 

the few side bosses are a lot harder than everything else in this game. 

you should balance HP/stamina that way you can easily dodge most attacks and if you fail you live long enough to heal yourself. 

And if you want to play a magic character next don't bother with anything just max magic and faith + some vitality. You will rush through the game like the terminator. :mjcry: 

Edited by kaz

and if you want a challenge go for a pure dexterity based build. It's the hardest shit you will ever see in this game. Recommended if you don't have any nightmares yet. :mjcry: