Best Civ game to get into?

Hello nerdmits.

As a filthy casual who has always enjoyed Civilization Revolution which is the best game to jump in to? Looking for one that's going to be the easiest to pick up coming from Revolution.

I still dig out the PS3 from time to time just to play this game. I have IV and V, though I could get VI if it's hands down the one that needs to be played.

I had bought Civ4 a long time ago, and decided to try that out like a year ago.  I can play it, but it feels like I'm not playing it correctly. Like I'm not getting alot out of it.

So my inclination is to go straight to Civ5.

Civ rev was AMAZING. Civ rev 2 however was utter garbage. The map was tiny.

The only problem with civ rev is that theres no real point to waging war early on as you will never have the production to be able to do it. Plus technological advances come so fast. No point making too many warriors because you quickly get Legion units, then quickly get horsemen, and from there if you tried to make a fuckton of horsemen units you'd end up with knights shortly after. It's easy to just wait until you have riflemen and tanks because by that point you'll have so many cities and so much production that you can start pumping out 300 tanks and take over the world.

I want to enjoy the early periods more and have ancient egypt vs ancient greece vs rome vs babylon etc

Civ V with the expansions probably.

Usually it takes the newest iteration of a Civ game a couple xpacs before it's worth playing over the previous iteration + xpacs. I say probably Civ V because I haven't really followed VI and not sure if they've released those xpacs yet.