Anyone else fascinated by true crime stories/shows/docs/books?

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Dateline's ok.

Cold Case Files and FBI Files are my top favorite shows of all time. 

No A&E, so no Cold Case Files. :(

Hadn't heard of FBI files and the whole series is apparently available on Prime, so I'll give that a look.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

No A&E, so no Cold Case Files. :(

Hadn't heard of FBI files and the whole series is apparently available on Prime, so I'll give that a look.

FBI Files is one of the best produced shows I've ever seen so definitely check it out. 

As for Cold Case, I'm referring to the docuseries with Bill Kurtis. Some episodes are seriously, seriously amazing. 

yea almost anything.. but I also like the fiction shit. you guys remember: beyond belief: fact or fiction :D  some episodes scared me to death :bow: 

Bildergebnis für beyond belief fact or fiction

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, kaz said:

yea almost anything.. but I also like the fiction shit. you guys remember: beyond belief: fact or fiction :D  some episodes scared me to death :bow: 

Bildergebnis für beyond belief fact or fiction

I’ve searched the internet far and wide and I can’t find a complete collection of this show anywhere. I wish it would be put up on streaming somewhere. :( 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ike said:

I’ve searched the internet far and wide and I can’t find a complete collection of this show anywhere. I wish it would be put up on streaming somewhere. :( 

the german version has a totally different name:"X-factor: Das Unfassbare" I'm not joking not that UK audition bullshit. But I have most of the eps on my hdd. :D 

I love this show. I never watched the originals but I want to, i watch everything in english but this is one exception because I'm to lazy to download all of it again. 

I will share if I get all eps in english.

Edited by kaz

It's so creepy reading these true crime accounts and the facts of the case and what happened. 

Gives me chills right down my spine. Here's an excerpt from the Jack the Ripper story:

The entrance to Miller’s Court was a narrow, dingy passageway next to McCarthy’s candle shop.
Bowyer knocked on the door of Mary Jane Kelly, also said to have been known as Ginger, Fair Emma,
and Black Mary to her various friends and clients. She was a streetwise, twenty-four-year-old Irish girl
and by most accounts was quite pretty, though no photographs of her are known.

It was about 10:45 in the morning when Bowyer called on her, a good time to find her in. He knocked
several times without response and began to suspect she didn’t have the rent money and was avoiding
him. He tried without success to spring the lock, but there was a long-broken windowpane that had never
been fixed. Inside it, an old coat had been hung in place of a proper curtain for some measure of privacy.
He pushed aside the coat and peered in. The room was only ten by twelve feet, and the sight that met
Thomas Bowyer’s eyes was one of such unmitigated horror that he was virtually paralyzed. A body was
lying on the bed, but it was so mutilated, so torn apart, with so much of the flesh ripped off and the
insides strewn across the bed and onto the floor, that the dimensions of the body, the outlines of its form,
could no longer be discerned.

5 minutes ago, kaz said:

jack the ripper is sooo 1888

the crimes are essentially modern. That's why these mutilations/killings shocked the Victorians. 

In fact, an FBI Agent was able to develop an in-depth psychological profile about the killer:

https://forensick.me/2018/07/30/jack-the-ripper-fbi-profile-by-john-douglas/

This is not based on speculation, but proven studies done by the FBI over decades to determine who a killer is just based on their crimes alone.  

So this is very much still alive. 

16 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

the crimes are essentially modern. That's why these mutilations/killings shocked the Victorians. 

In fact, an FBI Agent was able to develop an in-depth psychological profile about the killer:

https://forensick.me/2018/07/30/jack-the-ripper-fbi-profile-by-john-douglas/

This is not based on speculation, but proven studies done by the FBI over decades to determine who a killer is just based on their crimes alone.  

So this is very much still alive. 

it was a joke. but thanks for that link. it's eerie like the black dahlia case.