Joe Biden to be charged with sexual assault?

What has launched the investigation... more women will probably come forward apparently..

https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-awkward-kiss-changed-how-i-saw-joe-biden.html

story is still developing, but eek.. not a good look. Trump is gonna nail him. Been many years overdue imo

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115c9e7ee36c5a526732

Edited by ghostz

Due process, there's been too many of these dumb things coming out of the woodwork to be believed. However they've basically always aimed at conservatives and are proven false and democrats have a history of sex crimes so this is probably true lol.  

It doesn't look good. Because there's nothing they can do to stop the years of videos and photos from being shown again and again.

The fact that Biden was polling highest among Democrats is irrelevant. They always poll high when they've been out of the public picture for a couple of years.

But now? Showing Biden's face on a day to day basis? People aren't going to feel as lovie dovie, and his poll numbers will sink.

That's why Bernie Sanders polling in second place is impressive.....he HAS BEEN shown his face day after day since 2016, he's always in the news., and he still maintains polling that high.

I think he will do quite well in the primaries. Biden still not announcing is starting to feel more and more like a bad sign, and some of Biden's people know it.

45 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It doesn't look good. Because there's nothing they can do to stop the years of videos and photos from being shown again and again.

The fact that Biden was polling highest among Democrats is irrelevant. They always poll high when they've been out of the public picture for a couple of years.

But now? Showing Biden's face on a day to day basis? People aren't going to feel as lovie dovie, and his poll numbers will sink.

That's why Bernie Sanders polling in second place is impressive.....he HAS BEEN shown his face day after day since 2016, he's always in the news., and he still maintains polling that high.

I think he will do quite well in the primaries. Biden still not announcing is starting to feel more and more like a bad sign, and some of Biden's people know it.

The argument - or perhaps rumor is a more apt description; is that he doesn't want to even officially announce until after April, thus he wouldn't have to disclose any fundraising amounts he's received for Q1. This is of course would show that: Firstly, he doesn't/wouldn't have nearly as much as Bernie, or Beto have raised, and secondly it would come from large donations and corporations; which of course is the opposite way that these Democratic contenders have been raising their funds.

Secondly, he has sooo much baggage, not only this particular issue, but his criminal justice reform bill in the 90's (Ironically enough corrected to a certain degree by Trump) and his awful conduct during the Anita Hill hearing.

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

The argument - or perhaps rumor is a more apt description; is that he doesn't want to even officially announce until after April, thus he wouldn't have to disclose any fundraising amounts he's received for Q1. This is of course would show that: Firstly, he doesn't/wouldn't have nearly as much as Bernie, or Beto have raised, and secondly it would come from large donations and corporations; which of course is the opposite way that these Democratic contenders have been raising their funds.

Secondly, he has sooo much baggage, not only this particular issue, but his criminal justice reform bill in the 90's (Ironically enough corrected to a certain degree by Trump) and his awful conduct during the Anita Hill hearing.

I also thought he was trying to secure his VP pick very early. And I believe that rumor.

I think Beto didn't announce until recently because maybe Biden's people were trying to court him, and then after the Beto rumor's subsided, news rumors about Stacey Abrams popped up within the past two weeks, and it got to the point where Stacey Abrams had to announce that she isn't running in this primary and will only stay to run within her state.

The same pro-corporate third-way Democrats, and their long-term donors and associated are trying to prepare everything for Biden, but there's something off about all of this.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I also thought he was trying to secure his VP pick very early. And I believe that rumor.

I think Beto didn't announce until recently because maybe Biden's people were trying to court him, and then after the Beto rumor's subsided, news rumors about Stacey Abrams popped up within the past two weeks, and it got to the point where Stacey Abrams had to announce that she isn't running in this primary and will only stay to run within her state.

The same pro-corporate third-way Democrats, and their long-term donors and associated are trying to prepare everything for Biden, but there's something off about all of this.

Stacey Abrams wasn't even contacted by his people; apparently the two met at some point; but at no time was there a handshake or even a verbal agreement that he would announce her as a potential VP pick. Which, of course helps bolster his female demographic to show that: "Hey look, see! I've chosen a outspoken progressive candidate as my VP pick and will run now in 2020!"

I mean this is the guy that was caught plagiarizing Neil Kinnock (A labour MP from the UK) that included some personal passages about Kinnock's life, during Biden's 1988 run. His previous attempt to run in the democratic primary he was polling in the single digits. Sure his current polls give him an edge over Bernie Sanders, but he would be eviscerated not just in the Primary, but especially by Trump. You spend that much time in politics you carry baggage, Hillary should have taught all these Left-of-Center Democrats.

Beto is doing this for two reasons: he's got a massive warchest leftover from his Senate run - not to mention his current fundraising efforts; and secondly, it keeps his name in everyone's mind when/if he does choose (and really should chose to) to run for a Senate seat in the future. 

Stacey Abrams would like to do that exact same M.O.; run for a senate seat again and her comment on the view: "I'm not here to run for 2nd place" plays extremely well with her supporters, women in general, and is a perfect sound-bite if anyone was previously unaware of her.