Fucking ResetERA :D

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm sorry but you're just being stupid, whether you care or not you're supporting something terrible and are going against your and everyones best interests. 

ezgif-3-14a6c939d102.gif

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Don't get it. Why did they ban you? Because you assumed his gender? Or because by saying he's "the man" its a form of misogyny as you're saying men are superior to women?

One of the mods that frequents the PC Gaming thread there really doesn't like me.  Also, there's users there that will report me for saying anything about Epic.. at least it seems that way.  I'm pretty sure I know who they are.

I can't seem to have the opinion that the Epic Store is good on that forum. :shrug: 

46 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

One of the mods that frequents the PC Gaming thread there really doesn't like me.  Also, there's users there that will report me for saying anything about Epic.. at least it seems that way.  I'm pretty sure I know who they are.

I can't seem to have the opinion that the Epic Store is good on that forum. :shrug: 

You're so lame for wanting to post there :mj: 

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

But it's objectively not good, maybe the fact that you can get a video game there is what you view as good but everything else isn't. 

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

But it's objectively not good, maybe the fact that you can get a video game there is what you view as good but everything else isn't. 

Let's pretend for a second that that was actually true.  I'm allowed to have that opinion, no?

Now that's done... no.  The Epic store has been fine... and it's only going to improve.  All my games work perfectly.. they install, they save, they do everything and support everything the games released require.  And yes, the competition is good for PC gaming.  I find it ironic that you're always pining for the old days of PC gaming, but completely unwilling to help facilitate the change to bring it back.  A store that actually partners with developers and uses their financial backing to bring exclusive content to their store, better fund developers to ensure that games keep coming, and will use that money to improve the experience.  Almost like what Sony does for their platform, and MS does for theirs, and Nintendo does for theirs... maybe PC finally has a company that is going to support their platform? :glad: 

What's also funny about you... is the tirade you were going on way back about Steam being a dumping ground of garbage... (now you defend them) ..then the tirade you went on about PC dying and becoming useless, and how I'm so "threatened" by consoles encroaching on their territory.. rofl. (now you pretend to care about it)  ...And now you're on a tirade about all these clients being bad for PC gaming.. like it's too much for you to handle... (it's not... that's a lame excuse)

There's more hurt in store for the Steam-ponies if Valve doesn't start doing some business.  They've been doing fuck all for too long and gotten a free ride because nobody challenged them.  Bring on the games Tim. :blessed: 

Gabe... get HL3 in development, and start interacting more with developers and users.  Epic is coming to eat your lunch :reg: 

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Let's pretend for a second that that was actually true.  I'm allowed to have that opinion, no?

Now that's done... no.  The Epic store has been fine... and it's only going to improve.  All my games work perfectly.. they install, they save, they do everything and support everything the games released require.  And yes, the competition is good for PC gaming.  I find it ironic that you're always pining for the old days of PC gaming, but completely unwilling to help facilitate the change to bring it back.  A store that actually partners with developers and uses their financial backing to bring exclusive content to their store, better fund developers to ensure that games keep coming, and will use that money to improve the experience.  Almost like what Sony does for their platform, and MS does for theirs, and Nintendo does for theirs... maybe PC finally has a company that is going to support their platform? :glad: 

What's also funny about you... is the tirade you were going on way back about Steam being a dumping ground of garbage... (now you defend them) ..then the tirade you went on about PC dying and becoming useless, and how I'm so "threatened" by consoles encroaching on their territory.. rofl. (now you pretend to care about it)  ...And now you're on a tirade about all these clients being bad for PC gaming.. like it's too much for you to handle... (it's not... that's a lame excuse)

There's more hurt in store for the Steam-ponies if Valve doesn't start doing some business.  They've been doing fuck all for too long and gotten a free ride because nobody challenged them.  Bring on the games Tim. :blessed: 

Gabe... get HL3 in development, and start interacting more with developers and users.  Epic is coming to eat your lunch :reg: 

It working perfectly as a store and launcher doesn't detract from all of its other pitfalls. There's some serious security issues with the platform not only with the potential for a breach but also the lack of account protection, the lack of a mission statement or community information for shutdown or liquidation and dissolving, very shady things its doing in peoples file systems, very shady policies surrounding personal information gathering and how and who they share that with, their attachment and large ownership by Tencent and their ties to the Chinese government, and the general quality of life features that are wholly non-existent.

It's an inferior platform to Steam on every conceivable level, from the top to the bottom it is worse and not just by some small amount; the gulf is massive.

That's enough to say "nope" but then comes the other part of the argument. You're treating them like a Nintendo, like a Microsoft, like a Sony, but they're not. Those companies locking their IP's down to their own platforms is their prerogative because they actually manufacture and manage a proprietary hardware platform. PC is not Epic's platform, it's not a situation whereas PS4 gets a Japanese game that Xbox doesn't because of the lack of resources to port it, a deal in place for exclusivity or the lack of potential sales. In all of those situations said game is only compatible with Y platform and not platform X, it doesn't work on it by default.

That scenario doesn't exist here, it's a Windows PC game, it can be sold and works anywhere and the only thing preventing it from being sold anywhere is a company with money to burn paying off publishers to bolster their junk storefront with a lack of any desirable qualities or accomplishment. If these were Epic's games then that would be one thing but they're not, they're third party and of no relation. These are games that would release on Steam if not for financial intervention by Epic, and you can cut out the "oh it's helping fund developers" shtick, this is money being funneled into already insanely rich publishers pockets for AA and AAA games. There's nothing in this situation that is good for the consumer, there's nothing in this situation that is beneficial, it's proactively anti-consumer and regressive. 

Valve hasn't gotten a free ride, they're in the position they are with Steam because they've proactively developed an excellent platform that is secure, that's feature rich, that doesn't dig into your file system, that doesn't collect and sell your personal information, that's not tied to conglomerate which is beholden to the Chinese government, that's pro-consumer oriented and doesn't pay people off to keep games away from consumers. Valve is smart to do nothing, Valve is smart to not bend to the whims of what Epic is doing or really even acknowledge their existence. They are fully aware that Epic can't keep this up and will let their piss and vinegar attitude and practices get the better of themselves. 

Fortnite and its fad will fade, the money will stop flowing in, the money will stop flowing out and it will collapse in on itself. 

6 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Bhytre is right. Why would you want to post there? It's full of commies, troons, degenrates and lunatics.

20 hours ago, jehurey said:

That's something Dynocrap would do if he were a mod.

So resetera is full of people like Dynocrap. My goodness.:francis:

20 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You should be banned for that, he's bullshit, his platform is garbage and he's started a platform war stealing a majority of the big games releasing tying them into his garbage platform that nobody wants with money. Not because he offers a great new platform, just because of front loaded money.

It's nonsense. No sensible PC gamer would be ok with this.  

Jerry fuckin' called it! :roff: