Captain Marvel Crossed the billion dollar mark

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Men clearly have periods too. Yeesh guys. Logg off. 

Awwww Brie hurt your fragile masculinity.   Pussy

There is nothing wrong with a rich white person fighting for equality, just like there is nothing wrong with a rich black guy fighting for poor minorities.  I recommend you eat a bag of rotting dicks.

Posted Images

That makes it the 7th highest grossing movie in the MCU, worldwide.

All other movies that made more money are sequels with the exception of Black Panther and the first Avengers movie, but that Avengers movie isn't exactly the same as BP and CM.

It made $1.6 million on Monday and $2.5 million on Tuesday. It will probably crawl its way close to $1.1 million by the time the Avengers movie comes out. Slightly under Civil War in the #6 spot. Who knows, maybe the upcoming Avengers movie may cause it to pick up here during the next two weeks.

The movie is a success, no matter how you slice it.

Edited by jehurey
39 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

They should give that money back. It was hardly enjoyable and one of the most boring marvel movies. I only went for the continuity. 

19 minutes ago, Vini said:

This movie could've made 10 billion dollars and dumped all over Avatars box office, it still wouldn't make Brie Larson any less of a feminazi misandrist

:mj:

• Haha 1
Just now, Goukosan said:

so the inclusive press tour did not impact the movie like the man babies claimed it would... lol

This is a really strange 'told you so' you're trying to pull. No one here that I remember was claiming it would perform poorly financially, there were just ppl critising Brie's comments. There is next to nothing that could happen that would cause a Marvel movie to tank financially atm. Kevin Spacey could be cast as the lead in the next movie and it would crush. 

• Upvote 1

Dude, I have no idea why these guys are posting like this.

Do they not know that once this boy-bitching era comes and goes.............do they think we will FORGET the way they talking during this time?

They're never going to live this down.

Future generations of men will think that this current generation of anti-SJW were a bunch of whiny pussies. Those youtube videos are not going to age well. LOL

If anything the record breaking performances of Black Panther and Captain Marvel show just how not racist and pro women the western world really is. Unlike this current illusion being beaten over and over that somehow facism, nazism, misogny, bigotry etc are all on the rise. A few vocal morons on the internet are not the majority. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

If anything the record breaking performances of Black Panther and Captain Marvel show just how not racist and pro women the western world really is. Unlike this current illusion being beaten over and over that somehow facism, nazism, misogny, bigotry etc are all on the rise. A few vocal morons on the internet are not the majority. 

That would be true if Black panther and Captain Marvel only catered to one type of audience.... but alas they do not:mjpls:

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

This is a really strange 'told you so' you're trying to pull. No one here that I remember was claiming it would perform poorly financially, there were just ppl critising Brie's comments. There is next to nothing that could happen that would cause a Marvel movie to tank financially atm. Kevin Spacey could be cast as the lead in the next movie and it would crush. 

So again.... the diversity press tour did not have an impact on the movie's performance like the man babies claimed it would. 

All your hypotheticals are irrelevant..

"but this could and this would"...lol

Just now, Goukosan said:

That would be true if Black panther and Captain Marvel only catered to one type of audience.... but alas they do not:mjpls:

Must be difficult to want racial and gender equality and films of minorities to re soundly succeed yet at the same time also need them to fail to continue to harp on about in-equality and how everyone hates black ppl and women...

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

So again.... the diversity press tour did not have an impact on the movie's performance like the man babies claimed it would. 

All your hypotheticals are irrelevant..

"but this could and this would"...lol

Again, what moron here said a press tour would cause the biggest movie of the year so far to fail financially. There were ppl saying Brie's comment are stupid and that the movie was average, that is not it failing. Next to nothing can make a Marvel movie fail atm, especially the one prior to Endgame.

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Must be difficult to want racial and gender equality and films of minorities to re soundly succeed yet at the same time also need them to fail to continue to harp on about in-equality and how everyone hates black ppl and women...

Man it's like my statement flew waaaay over your head.  You're flying pretty low today. :mj:

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Man is like my statement flew waaaay over your head.  You're flying pretty low today. :mj:

You're here flexing cause Cap Marvel made a shit tonne of money lol Bigger chance of MS getting a AAA exclusive than Cap Marvel (or any marvel movie atm) failing. So congrats?

Still waiting to see who you are trying to tell 'i told you so' to. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You're here flexing cause Cap Marvel made a shit tonne of money lol Bigger chance of MS getting a AAA exclusive than Cap Marvel (or any marvel movie atm) failing. So congrats?

Still waiting to see who you are trying to tell 'i told you so' to. 

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

was referring to this exchange with my "flew over head comment" 

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Black Panther showed that there's an audience that has been underserved.

And that came out as movies like Get Out were making huge bucks. And, the most important part is that Avengers Infinity War made alot more money then its previous movie, and that isn't very logical unless there are now people coming to see the movie.

Which could argue that Black Panther coming out first brought in more black audiences, and then those black audiences saw that Black Panther was going to be in Infinity War, so they went to see that because BP brought them in.

This actually reminds me of that whole gamergate thing.  Because I never took a side.

But I always felt that if the female audience is being under-served in video games, then its potentially a "blue ocean" issue. I always saw it from the perspective of economics.  You test the blue ocean with smaller, simpler products. And if they make a surprising profit, then it may be an indicator that there's an audience there that isn't being served, so you start offering more high-end products (i.e. higher production quality video games).

If the proof is there in dollar figures, then a cold-calculating businessman should not hesitate to continue service that audience. Its good business, after all.

Just now, Goukosan said:

was referring to this exchange with my "flew over head comment" 

I know what you are refering too but that statement also completely ignores my first post asking you who you are saying 'i told you so' to. 

And again, you need to be happy and admit that the resounding success of BP and Cap Marvel is a great sign. Especially BP. It outperformed nearly anything else and is a much smaller known character and it was prior to Avengers. The vast majority of ppl are not racist, VAST MAJORITY. You need to look at the results of things on a broad spectrum not use some losers on the internet as a basis of a majority. 

Try releasing an all female cast movie in the middle east and see how it will perform. Or try include a scene with a cross in the background of a movie and watch it get cut out. You think there is this crazy amount of bigotry going on because you live in a part of the world that is so accepting overall that even a comment on the internet seems like a huge deal. Meanwhile real inequality exists everywhere else yet is so easily ignored.

• Upvote 1