Tim Sweeney :smoke:

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not even talking about just here, even his diatribes about it on Era and I'm sure Gaf. 

Nope.

I see a much bigger picture than I believe you do.  Tim's not wrong when he says he's improving and bettering PC gaming, and the Steam-tards just don't realize it yet.. and that competition has been long needed.

I absolutely agree 100% with him... and I've explained that before many times on ERA and GAF.  You think you're fighting some noble fight, but you're not.  You're unwittingly contributing to the stagnation of PC game development and identity.

This is happening because it HAS to happen.  People NEED to be weened off of this Steam only mindset... and that every game needs to be available on every storefront to be successful.  Steam has never had a REAL competitor in the client space.. and it's sorely needed.  Clients by 3rd party publishers for their games aren't TRUE competition to Steam.  EPIC is the first one to do so... and it

s EXTREMELY important that they get out there, build themselves up, build up unique content exclusive to them, and change this retarded perception that people have to war between these different clients.

Embrace the fact that PC is unique and there's platforms for devs and pubs where they can all be successful.

I GUARANTEE you Valve is thinking about buying/building/bringing/making exclusive new GAME content to their platform exclusively.  A good one off the hop would be partnering with Xbox exclusively bringing all past and future content to Steam as well as the Windows Store.

They are FEELING this shit, and they WILL improve because of it. :glad: 

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.

I see a much bigger picture than I believe you do.  Tim's not wrong when he says he's improving and bettering PC gaming, and that competition has been long needed.

I absolutely agree 100% with him... and I've explained that before many times on ERA and GAF.  You think you're fighting some noble fight, but you're not.  You're unwittingly contributing to the stagnation of PC game development and identity.

This is happening because it HAS to happen.  People NEED to be weened off of this Steam only mindset... and that every game needs to be available on every storefront to be successful.  Steam has never had a REAL competitor in the client space.. and it's sorely needed.  Clients by 3rd party publishers for their games aren't TRUE competition to Steam.  EPIC is the first one to do so... and it

s EXTREMELY important that they get out there, build themselves up, build up unique content exclusive to them, and change this retarded perception that people have to war between these different clients.

Embrace the fact that PC is unique and there's platforms for devs and pubs where they can all be successful.

I GUARANTEE you Valve is thinking about buying/building/bringing/making exclusive new GAME content to their platform exclusively.  A good one off the hop would be partnering with Xbox exclusively bringing all past and future content to Steam as well as the Windows Store.

They are FEELING this shit, and they WILL improve because of it. :glad: 

This isn't competition, this is monopolizing a 3rd party commodity behind a walled garden. There's really little else to say. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This isn't competition, this is monopolizing a 3rd party commodity behind a walled garden. There's really little else to say. 

:D 

How is it monopolizing?  ROFL...  Making business partnerships and exclusivity deals is NOT monopolizing PC gaming...

This is absolutely competition, and Valve has the opportunity to compete just like anyone else.  Gabe needs to get crackin :juggle: 

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:D 

How is it monopolizing?  ROFL...  Making business partnerships and exclusivity deals is NOT monopolizing PC gaming...

This is absolutely competition, and Valve has the opportunity to compete just like anyone else.  Gabe needs to get crackin :juggle: 

They're not only finally forcing games to their platform, they're restricting their key for activation sales from any type of what have been legitimate 3rd party sellers that people can choose to do their business with. 

Even when a game was exclusive to Steam by virtue of that being the chosen platform you could still make the decision to purchase the game elsewhere and activate it through the platform. They've cut everyone out of the loop who could distribute and sell these products, that's a monopoly. 

Px7DbID.png

What's worse is it's a monopoly on a platform where the only restricting factor for facilitating sales and acquisition elsewhere is them. There's no technical limitation, there's no porting or resource limitation, it's a pay to play walled garden monopolizing third party software by force.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're not only finally forcing games to their platform, they're restricting their key for activation sales from any type of what have been legitimate 3rd party sellers that people can choose to do their business with. 

Even when a game was exclusive to Steam by virtue of that being the chosen platform you could still make the decision to purchase the game elsewhere and activate it through the platform. They've cut everyone out of the loop who could distribute and sell these products, that's a monopoly. 

Px7DbID.png

What's worse is it's a monopoly on a platform where the only restricting factor for facilitating sales and acquisition elsewhere is them. There's no technical limitation, there's no porting or resource limitation, it's a pay to play walled garden monopolizing third party software by force.

I wasn't aware Epic had exclusive control of the entire market... I could have sworn they just have about 20-30 games.. :drake: 

And making deals with publishers is not FORCING them to do anything... :shake: 

The whole 3rd party seller shit doesn't fly with me breh... hit the road with it.  Nothing wrong with having an exclusive window, then opening it up... or not.  Make them deals, give developers more money... grow the platform.. invest more in developers and the platform.  That's what PC has needed... not a fucking dumping ground for any and everything.

his store doesn't have any exclusives though, all of those games are available on consoles (and better, too). 

Dim-Tim doesn't know what an exclusive is, it seems. He must have the Phil Spencer dictionary on his desk.

Exclusive: Ek-scloo-siv: A. game available everywhere, usually best on Nintendo Switch, but on all platforms nonetheless.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Deeno, you clearly don't know what the fuck a monopoly is.

10 hours ago, Goukosan said:

He hasn't had an exclusive for so long he thinks exclusive games are a monopoly :tom:

Jesus fuck you're right. :roff:

Edited by McWicked

Yeah I was reading Dynocrap's rant about Epic Games putting "spyware"

Isn't there a website that's LITERALLY called SteamSpy?  And you can track what games people have, what hardware they use?

Didn't Remij just post a video in which we can track which video cards were used by steam users over the years?

What do you call that? Its an idiotic argument. The Epic Games Store collects the same info that Steam has always collected.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yeah I was reading Dynocrap's rant about Epic Games putting "spyware"

Isn't there a website that's LITERALLY called SteamSpy?  And you can track what games people have, what hardware they use?

Didn't Remij just post a video in which we can track which video cards were used by steam users over the years?

What do you call that? Its an idiotic argument. The Epic Games Store collects the same info that Steam has always collected.

Ugh no, SteamSpy is collecting from openly available API data via community profiles not set to private. Epic is messing with root certificates and DLL's and sniffing files locally on users PC's. 

:hest: