What’s the most $$ you’ve spent on a games micro transactions?

I bought a stash on sale in PoE.  I think it was like $20.  I'd already sunk 100s of hours into it by that point, though, so it felt justified.

I’ll tell a story and this is why I don’t fall into that trap. 

Like 10 years ago there was this game on Facebook that was a basically a f2p set up made for you to buy things to avoid timers. 

Anyway I found a glitch in the URL that allowed for infinite money. I did this glitch for like 5 hours and had million upon millions of gems. Used them all. Prob would have cost 20k minimum if I paid. 

I got like 4 levels higher. That’s it. The game was still more or less the same, except now I saw no value in wasting my time and I realized having all of that wasn’t really an advantage, because I was more or less done with the game at that point. IF I didn’t do the glitch moving forward it just wasn’t really worth my time anymore. 

I'm not sure how much exactly but probably like 200-300€ on dota 2 and maybe 100€ on path of exile.

but I spent about 7k hours (probably) in dota 2 and maybe the same amount on the original. it's actually sad tbh I think I should take a break.

Edited by kaz
40 minutes ago, kaz said:

I'm not sure how much exactly but probably like 200-300€ on dota 2 and maybe 100€ on path of exile.

but I spent about 7k hours (probably) in dota 2 and maybe the same amount on the original. it's actually sad tbh I think I should take a break.

Euro loser.

I remember when there was a bit of mini-controversey over Batman Arkham City having a Catwoman prologue mission, and how used copies of the game won't have it and therefore people had to pay $5 if they wanted to play it.

So I was renting a copy of Batman Arkham City for the X360 from a local blockbuster, and I went ahead and bought the $5 DLC. Then I realized my rented copy had a slip (sometimes they'd also put in the manual) and the slip had an code with it, and since I rented it as it came out, I think it would've been an unused code. So I think I wasted $5 unnecessarily.

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Maybe $5,000 in CSGO

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

I honestly can't believe people would spend money for digital cosmetics. Waste of money.

:D