Hellblade Switch/PS4 comparison vid + first 25 mins of gameplay on Switch

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They're referring to scenes where Senua is recalling memories.  For example, the character Druth, when you see him in Senua's vision, it's actually a post processed video of a real person, not a 3d model.

That's pretty much the case for any character that isn't Senua, who she recalls.. and yes, it's like that for every version of the game.  Clever use of resources.

I'm aware of the super imposed video characters in those scenes, guess what though? They're still real time sequences. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hellblade: Resolution's Sacrifice  

Sheep locking threads now. That's a real good look... For Switch™.  

The Switch is great for many games....this is not one of them. So much of this game relies on factors that are quite obviously very lacking in this version. Would be a disservice to the game.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It looks like shit. Digital Foundry thinking it "sometimes" looks good doesn't validate anything. :tom: Impressive port though. :dame:

• Uses TAA to clean up jagged edges but further blurs the already extremely low resolution
  • 30 FPS which can drop into the low 20's with horrible frame pacing (think FromSoftware bad)
  • Low resolution textures
  • Reduced foliage
  • Reduced environmental assets
  • Reduced environmental geometry
  • Reduced reflections
  • Reduced shadows
  • Removed ambient occlusion
  • Reduced LoD on distant objects and draw in
  • FMV's in place of real time cutscenes
  • Possible audio glitches causing cutting in and out

:rofls:

Did you quote DynamiteCop's summary that he typed up himself? :sabu:

"Even we had to do a double-take with this one! Just how did developer GLOC manage to make Hellblade on Switch look so close to the PS4 version of the game? John and Rich - with an assist from Tom - get to grips with the port and how it manages to deliver its sometimes remarkable visuals."

Impressive port for Switch... just like I said :cmpunk1:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Did you quote DynamiteCop's summary that he typed up himself? :sabu:

"Even we had to do a double-take with this one! Just how did developer GLOC manage to make Hellblade on Switch look so close to the PS4 version of the game? John and Rich - with an assist from Tom - get to grips with the port and how it manages to deliver its sometimes remarkable visuals."

Impressive port for Switch... just like I said 

• Uses TAA to clean up jagged edges but further blurs the already extremely low resolution
  • 30 FPS which can drop into the low 20's with horrible frame pacing (think FromSoftware bad)
  • Low resolution textures
  • Reduced foliage
  • Reduced environmental assets
  • Reduced environmental geometry
  • Reduced reflections
  • Reduced shadows
  • Removed ambient occlusion
  • Reduced LoD on distant objects and draw in
  • FMV's in place of real time cutscenes
  • Possible audio glitches causing cutting in and out

:rofls:

3 minutes ago, Nya` said:

That's not what Gooberson was talking about though which is made extremely clear in this post.

ttqfRcC.png

you left out this part..of my original post on it. 

"I also found out that a lot of her visions on every version are FMV played over the scene. Anything where she recalls talking to people." 

:ufdup:

2 minutes ago, Nya` said:

That's not what Gooberson was talking about though which is made extremely clear in this post.

Yes it was.

He posted this:

I also found out that a lot of her visions on every version are FMV played over the scene. Anything where she recalls talking to people.

:dame:

If you just read that... you know EXACTLY what they are referring to.  But I guess since that would have ended the conversation, you decided to play dumb and try to press him to double down on whatever so you could drag this already retarded thing out farther...

:shrug: 

13 hours ago, Nya` said:

Lmao you lying little butthole, you know goddamned well he said her visions were FMV. :D 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Dynamite won't be laughing when Switch is running the next Ninja Theory game natively.

It's also a fairly impressive port given the hardware.

The switch uses about 1/3rd of the energy that a 45W lightbulb uses to run these games:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11181/a-look-at-nintendo-switch-power-consumption/2

For additional context.

Just now, McWicked said:

The switch uses about 1/3rd of the energy that a 45W lightbulb uses to run these games:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11181/a-look-at-nintendo-switch-power-consumption/2

For additional context.

What I find more impressive is that MS is willing to go to hell and back to port games to Switch in any means possible. That's more impressive than anything.

Fully expect native Halo now, with MS paying for the largest available cart.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

What I find more impressive is that MS is willing to go to hell and back to port games to Switch in any means possible. That's more impressive than anything.

Fully expect native Halo now, with MS paying for the largest available cart.

The port was already started before MS bought Ninja Theory... MS didn't do the port...

MS did nothing except allow this to exist.  Since it was already started, the might as well finish it up and release it.

While I fully expect to see more MS things on Switch in the future, I don't think this means what you think it means.

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

The port was already started before MS bought Ninja Theory... MS didn't do the port...

MS did nothing except allow this to exist.  Since it was already started, the might as well finish it up and release it.

While I fully expect to see more MS things on Switch in the future, I don't think this means what you think it means.

I already told him this, also the only things that have went to outside systems are the pre-existing, things they've bought into. 

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Pretty sure this taken with all of Microsofts public statements on the direction they're taking the company means what we think it means.

9 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Pretty sure this taken with all of Microsofts public statements on the direction they're taking the company means what we think it means.

It most certainly doesn't mean what Aza said, give me a break...

"MS going to hell and back to port games" :Jeff: 

"Fully expecting native Halo now" :Jeff:

"Paying for the biggest Cart" :Jeff:

The news so far points to "expect games that make sense for the system" and not that MS is going out of their way to port all their first party games to Switch.  Again, I'm not saying that shit can't happen in the future... but the shit that's happened so far.. are ports of indie games which make sense, and ports of games that were already in development before MS acquired those studios... which doesn't really speak to MS' intentions with their first party games.

7 minutes ago, McWicked said:

I've maintained it's hyperbole just like everything else they say, they speak big and deliver on what they say but to a more grounded degree. Play Anywhere comes to mind, it's not really "Play Anywhere"; that is the Microsoft ethos. Now I can see the Switch getting an xCloud app, but anything else? No. 

There's no incentive and it's a waste of manpower and money when they can just spin up a server and draw immediate revenue. I think the clear goal with their initiative is they will keep their native games close to the cuff (Xbox and PC) and anything else would be an xCloud byproduct. 

It not only makes the most sense, it's the most financially and resource management viable not to mention Hellblade on Switch is pretty messy so what do you guys expect with newer games?