The Lion King Official Trailer

Yes, let's get it out of the way.. it will never match the original.

Ok, that said.. yes, Scar's voice actor doesn't sound menacing enough... but holy fucking shit the visuals and everything looks amazing!

And of course, The Lion King's OST is legendary, and this version of The Once and Future King sounds absolutely incredible.. It gives me fucking chills man hearing it. :wow2: 

I can't wait for this :glad: 

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i didn't care for the first film, but those are gorgeous visuals. 

Shiiit man, how could you not love The Lion King.  It's such a great story and the animation is still top tier to this day.  But yes, the visuals in this movie are blowing my mind.  You just have to think of all the artistry and technical knowledge that has to go into making visuals like this.. and have them be THIS convincing.. even under scrutiny.  The amount of people that have to collaborate to bring it to life.  It's mind boggling how good some people are at their jobs.  Just thinking how realistically they animate, and the technical challenges that they must have faced to pull this off.  Crazy.

5 minutes ago, Nya` said:

I went to the broadway musical a few months back, that shit blew my mind. This looks incredible, sucks about some of the voice actors but it will still be amazing I'm sure.

Oh fuck yea.  Hans fucking Zimmer :bow:  I'd LOVE to go see a broadway musical of The Lion King.

Yea, it sucks about Scar's VA.  It's not bad or anything, but not nearly as menacing as Jeremy Irons was.  Maybe in the more sinister parts he'll do better though?  James Earl Jones is back as Mustafa though and sounds superb.  As for the others.. yea we'll see lol.

Still definitely going to be incredible for sure. 

looks awful, the realism they went for destroyed the color palette and the expressiveness of the characters.

also seems edited to hide the characters when they’re actually speaking, so every line is a voiceover with an unrelated character/scene. one of the few times they showed an animal speaking was scar, who looked and especially sounded  terrible. holy shit what a downgrade

3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

looks awful, the realism they went for destroyed the color palette and the expressiveness of the characters.

also seems edited to hide the characters when they’re actually speaking, so every line is a voiceover with an unrelated character/scene. one of the few times they showed an animal speaking was scar, who looked and especially sounded  terrible. holy shit what a downgrade

Looks awful he says :roll: 

No shit going with a realistic style means that colors will be muted and characters wont be as expressive..  I guarantee you these will be the most expressive REALISTIC looking lions you've ever seen :roll: 

And no, they quite clearly show Scar talking in 2 scenes, and it looked great.. lmao wtf.  

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Looks awful he says :roll: 

No shit going with a realistic style means that colors will be muted and characters wont be as expressive..  I guarantee you these will be the most expressive REALISTIC looking lions you've ever seen :roll: 

And no, they quite clearly show Scar talking in 2 scenes, and it looked great.. lmao wtf.  

uh did you read my post? I said they showed scar and he sounds fucking TERRIBLE who are you kidding :D

3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

uh did you read my post? I said they showed scar and he sounds fucking TERRIBLE who are you kidding :D

You commented on them hiding the characters when they are speaking... I said you see Scar speaking 2 times and it looks fine.  I didn't say anything about how he sounds in my reply to you... but if you'd have read the OP.. you'd know that I agree he sounds disappointing.

But please.. JUST AWFUL... and TERRIBLE... no.  Just disappointing.

25 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You commented on them hiding the characters when they are speaking... I said you see Scar speaking 2 times and it looks fine.  I didn't say anything about how he sounds in my reply to you... but if you'd have read the OP.. you'd know that I agree he sounds disappointing.

But please.. JUST AWFUL... and TERRIBLE... no.  Just disappointing.

if you read my post, youd know that i said scar was one of the few characters they showed speaking. pumba is another one of the few, although it didnt really count as words. so yeah by and large that trailer is edited to hide characters speaking, watch it again and youll notice it. i can see why, as it looks flat/emotionless.

and scar IS terrible - to the point that he looks/sounds nigh unrecognizable.

the rest isnt much better, just a visual/auditory downgrade across the board. this is ugly as fuck :D

P3wsKeq.jpg

Edited by Quad Damage
1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

if you read my post, youd know that i said scar was one of the few characters they showed speaking. pumba is another one of the few, although it didnt really count as words. so yeah by and large that trailer is edited to hide characters speaking, watch it again and youll notice it. i can see why, as it looks flat/emotionless.

and scar IS terrible - like legendarily downgraded. to the point that he looks/sounds nigh unrecognizable.

the rest isnt much better. this is ugly as fuck :D

P3wsKeq.jpg

:snoop: 

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

This is the future of animation. Jesus Christ :whoo:

it's funny I can shit on my future nieces and nephews for hyping high tech animation movies and when I show them the originals it will BLOW THEM AWAY :gasp: 

reverse quality :glad: 

Edited by kaz
2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Looks about as mediocre as the jungle book and mogwai

true, i shouldn't have watch the trailer

Scar without Jeremy Irons' voice is just wrong on so many levels.

This trailer was meh.

On the technical side, yeah, the CG is amazing looking. But I'm not a graphics whore so it's visuals aren't going to put my ass in the seat. The actual movie is but everything about this trailer was so underwhelming.

I'll pass. If for some reason I want to watch The Lion King, I'll just watch the original.