The Lion King Official Trailer

• 3 months later...
On 2019-04-10 at 3:19 PM, Remij_ said:

Looks awful he says :roll: 

No shit going with a realistic style means that colors will be muted and characters wont be as expressive..  I guarantee you these will be the most expressive REALISTIC looking lions you've ever seen :roll: 

And no, they quite clearly show Scar talking in 2 scenes, and it looked great.. lmao wtf.  

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lion_king_2019

57% :tom:

also looks like i was spot on about the very deliberate style of editing in the trailers that mostly shied away from direct shots of characters speaing, trying to mask the lack of expression, as its cited as a real issue by most critics.

5 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lion_king_2019

57% :tom:

also looks like i was spot on about the very deliberate style of editing in the trailers that mostly shied away from direct shots of characters speaing, trying to mask the lack of expression, as its cited as a real issue by most critics.

:tom: 

Nobody was ever expecting this to be universally praised...  People were just itching to hate on the realistic looking visuals.  "Waaahhh, why doesn't the realistic looking lion animate as expressively as a Disney cartoon?" :cry: 

Fucking idiots :hest: 

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:tom: 

Nobody was ever expecting this to be universally praised...  People were just itching to hate on the realistic looking visuals.  "Waaahhh, why doesn't the realistic looking lion animate as expressively as a Disney cartoon?" :cry: 

Fucking idiots :hest: 

:hest: 

this was directed by someone that previously directed another disney remake that was basically universally praised (jungle book). other mediocre disney remakes like beauty and the beast and cinderella managed scores in the 70's/80's. and your incredulous ass was not having even one lone dissenting opinion (mine) itt that this looked awful from the jump.

yeah, no, im gonna say, no one including you was ever expecting the praise for this to be near the bottom of disney remakes alongside aladdin and dumbo - except me of course, as usual. :aitch:

42 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

:hest: 

this was directed by someone that previously directed another disney remake that was basically universally praised (jungle book). other mediocre disney remakes like beauty and the beast and cinderella managed scores in the 70's/80's. and your incredulous ass was not having even one lone dissenting opinion (mine) itt that this looked awful from the jump.

yeah, no, im gonna say, no one including you was ever expecting the praise for this to be near the bottom of disney remakes alongside aladdin and dumbo - except me of course, as usual. :aitch:

:mj: 

Everyone knew there would be backlash to the realism of it.  It's not about the direction... it's about "the realistic bland unexpwessiv animalzz" :cry: 

:rofl: 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

:mj: 

Everyone knew there would be backlash to the realism of it.  It's not about the direction... it's about "the realistic bland unexpwessiv animalzz" :cry: 

:rofl: 

no one knew it would be this awful (again, except me). and again, there have been other realistic looking disney remakes that didnt flop this hard.

wrongmij :rofls:

Mulan is going to be shit too. They removed all the songs completely as a pretext to not have its most iconic song "I'll make a man out of you" which wouldn't fit in today's sjw cuck world. 

Disney :poop:

this is even worse than i thought

its not just the lack of expressiveness in the animals faces and lack of vibrancy in the bg/color palette, its the filmmaking on the whole thats downgraded. the vocal performance, camera work, and storyboarding of this sequence are just flat and lifeless, with zero visual gags like the original to keep it lively - just one long boring take walking in a straight line.
8 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

this is even worse than i thought

its not just the lack of expressiveness in the animals faces and lack of vibrancy in the bg/color palette, its the filmmaking on the whole thats downgraded. the vocal performance, camera work, and storyboarding of this sequence are just flat and lifeless, with zero visual gags like the original to keep it lively - just one long boring take walking in a straight line.

lmao that is pretty terrible :ben: 

Those are just bad, unrealistic physics for a young, vibrant lion.  As least make him act like a powerful cat.

Also, looking at real videos of lions, you can tell that the back legs feel like they run independently of the front legs, but the CGI makes it look like all the weight in the lion is up in his shoulders. Maybe its because they want to keep the held steady at all times for you to see the mouth movement. He moves like a car inkstand of an animal.