Sony officially launches name changes, it's a disaster

:mj:

Below are some of the issues you may encounter. We expect major issues to occur only in a small number of games.

• Your previous Online ID may remain visible to you and other players in some areas.
  • You may lose progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data, and progress towards Trophies.
  • Parts of your game and applications may not function properly both online and offline.
  • You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you may have acquired for your games including content like add-ons and virtual currency.

If you have a game in this category, we do not recommend changing your online ID if you wish to continue playing that game without losing its entitlements and achievements which you have already bought or released. It is possible to incur permanent game errors or data loss as a result of using the feature.

• Disc Jam™ (Critical Issues**)
  • Everybody's Golf (Critical Issues**)
  • Just Dance 2017 (Critical Issues**)
  • LittleBigPlanet™ 3 (Critical Issues**)
  • MLB 14 The Show (Critical Issues**)
  • MLB The Show 16 (Critical Issues**)
  • MLB® The Show™ 15 (Critical Issues**)
  • ONRUSH (Critical Issues**)
  • The Golf Club 2™ (Critical Issues**)
  • Worms™ Battlegrounds (Critical Issues**)

PS3 and PS Vita games and apps do not support the change of online ID feature.
If you have games that are not in the list, the following issues may occur:

• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you've acquired for those games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
  • You may lose your progress within those games, including game saved data, leaderboard data, and progress toward trophies.
  • Parts of those games might not function properly, both online and offline.
  • Your previous online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.
  • You may have permanent game issues as a result of the online ID change that cannot be fixed with a revert back to your old online ID.

Games which have been tested and were found to have one or more of the following known issues which we did not consider critical to the game play experience but which you should review to consider how important they are to you:

• Previous online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players, or the online ID is no longer visible in some areas in a game title (in-game rankings, leaderboards, etc). For some game titles, the online ID will automatically update if you sign out and then sign back in to the game or when various gameplay activity is performed after sign-in;
  • User accounts on PlayStation may be unlinked from game accounts. Linking accounts again may restore the original linkage; and
  • Certain game settings may be initialized to their default state (audio setting, controller setting, etc). For some game titles, settings may be recovered if you sign out and then sign back in to the game.
  • These games are identified on the Games List by (Issues Identified*).

•  
  • Absolver: Downfall (Issues Identified*)
  • Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ (Issues Identified*)
  • Big City Stories (Issues Identified*)
  • Bloodborne™ (Issues Identified*)
  • Call of Duty®: Ghosts (Issues Identified*)
  • Crossout (Issues Identified*)
  • DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin (Issues Identified*)
  • DARK SOULS™ III (Issues Identified*)
  • DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ (Issues Identified*)
  • EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 Standard Edition (Issues Identified*)
  • Gauntlet: Slayer Edition (Issues Identified*)
  • GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst (Issues Identified*)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (Issues Identified*)
  • GUNDAM VERSUS (Issues Identified*)
  • GUNS UP!™ (Issues Identified*)
  • Injustice™ 2 - Standard Edition (Issues Identified*)
  • KILLZONE™ SHADOW FALL (Issues Identified*)
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Issues Identified*)
  • MLB® The Show™ 17 (Issues Identified*)
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 (Issues Identified*)
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Trilogy (Issues Identified*)
  • NARUTO STORM 4 : Road to Boruto Expansion (Issues Identified*)
  • NBA 2K19 (Issues Identified*)
  • PlayStation®VR Worlds (Issues Identified*)
  • Rock Band™ 4 (Issues Identified*)
  • ROCKSMITH® 2014 EDITION – REMASTERED (Issues Identified*)
  • The Last of Us™ Remastered (Issues Identified*)
  • Titanfall™ 2 (Issues Identified*)
  • Trackmania® Turbo (Issues Identified*)
  • Trove (Issues Identified*)
  • UNCHARTED™ 4: A Thief’s End (Issues Identified*)
  • UNO® (Issues Identified*)
  • Warframe® (Issues Identified*)
  • WipEout™ Omega Collection (Issues Identified*)
8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

They said this months ago, when they first announced name changes was coming. They fucked up with their initial infrastructure so really no way around this. If you care about past titles don't change, at least they have been clear about it since day 1.  

They could have avoided all this bullshit by implementing a visible name change while retaining the initial account name. This is exactly what Valve did with Steam, my account name for example is my email, in 2007 they implemented the community and the ability to change your visible name, but the account name remains the same. 

I don't think they said this months ago, what you're likely referring to was when this was in beta and these problems existed. The fact that this translated to the public release is a fucking joke. 

• You can lose your games
  • Your DLC
  • Your saves
  • Your Trophies
  • Your old account name may remain visible
  • It can damage your installs

This is pure incompetence...

Edited by Nya`
11 minutes ago, Bodycount ex-X said:

so basically if you already have a PS4 and have ever played a major release before don't bother changing your name. LMFAO. :rofl: 

All this time and Friend Code has proven to be superior. :smoke: Just goes to show you, you gotta keep things simple.

friend codes and friend IDs lmfao :dead: 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Nya` said:

They could have avoided all this bullshit by implementing a visible name change while retaining the initial account name. This is exactly what Valve did with Steam, my account name for example is my email, in 2007 they implemented the community and the ability to change your visible name, but the account name remains the same. 

I don't think they said this months ago, what you're likely referring to was when this was in beta and these problems existed. The fact that this translated to the public release is a fucking joke. 

• You can lose your games
  • Your DLC
  • Your saves
  • Your Trophies
  • Your old account name may remain visible
  • It can damage your installs

This is pure incompetence...

When they announced that they were going to implement name changes earlier this year they very clearly said that there is going to be several issues with several games, including everything listed up there. All those things in your bullet forms they mentioned previously. It sucks but you thinking you somehow know some easy way that they didn't already try is typical Dyno so no surprise.

Don't change your name, I'm not. Plenty of ppl won't and plenty of ppl will cause when PS5 comes out nearly no one is gonna give a crap about those PS3, vita or some PS4 game issues. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

When they announced that they were going to implement name changes earlier this year they very clearly said that there is going to be several issues with several games, including everything listed up there. All those things in your bullet forms they mentioned previously. It sucks but you thinking you somehow know some easy way that they didn't already try is typical Dyno so no surprise.

Don't change your name, I'm not. Plenty of ppl won't and plenty of ppl will cause when PS5 comes out nearly no one is gonna give a crap about those PS3, vita or some PS4 game issues. 

I still think you're confusing what was revealed for the beta with what may be expected for the public release. There's no two ways about it that this is some garbage implementation, the fact that they're relying on root account ID changes and not a mask ID says all you need to know about the competency of this 'feature'. 

Just now, Nya` said:

I still think you're confusing what was revealed for the beta with what may be expected for the public release. There's no two ways about it that this is some garbage implementation, the fact that they're relying on root account ID changes and not a mask ID says all you need to know about the competency of this 'feature'. 

I think you are confusing or forgetting what was already announced. I've known for months that I do not want to change my name because all those issues you just posted about were already known, the only new thing is the full list of games effected....

Just now, madmaltese said:

I think you are confusing or forgetting what was already announced. I've known for months that I do not want to change my name because all those issues you just posted about were already known, the only new thing is the full list of games effected....

Yeah, they were known because of the BETA release... :francis:

1 minute ago, Nya` said:

Yeah, they were known because of the BETA release... :francis:

They announced it prior to the beta release so that ppl who participated in the beta knew of the issues.

All announced before the Preview/beta went out.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/24/sony-warns-psn-name-changes-could-lead-to-issues-with-games/

Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:

Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, and other PlayStation® systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
• You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
• Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
• Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.

Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:

The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
• First change is free for all users.
• Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation®Plus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
• If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
• You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
• Sub-Accounts cannot utilise the Change Online ID feature.
• After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.

If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
• you may only do this once during the preview period;
• changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
• if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.

More:

https://glitched.africa/news/psn-id-name-change-issues/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/10/11/sony-finally-relents-on-psn-id-changes-but-theres-a-catch/#52ff17165589

All October 2018

They announced it prior to the beta release so that ppl who participated in the beta knew of the issues.

All announced before the Preview/beta went out.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/24/sony-warns-psn-name-changes-could-lead-to-issues-with-games/

Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:

Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita, and other PlayStation® systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
• You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
• Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
• Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.

Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:

The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
• First change is free for all users.
• Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation®Plus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
• If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
• You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
• Sub-Accounts cannot utilise the Change Online ID feature.
• After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.

If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
• you may only do this once during the preview period;
• changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
• if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.

More:

https://glitched.africa/news/psn-id-name-change-issues/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/10/11/sony-finally-relents-on-psn-id-changes-but-theres-a-catch/#52ff17165589

All October 2018

All you're doing is corroborating exactly what I've been saying..

1 minute ago, Nya` said:

Yes.... PERTAINING TO THE BETA...

Holy slow Jonny

Oh you thought those issues were just for the Preview and that they would be changed for public release? :D Nice of you to have such lofty expectations from Sony. 

They very clearly said this is how it is going to be (unfortunately). They weren't going to change the entire system from the Preview to public release. It was always about changing root ID for Sony, hence their issue. 

Regardless, as I've been saying. Old ass news. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Oh you thought those issues were just for the Preview and that they would be changed for public release? :D Nice of you to have such lofty expectations from Sony. 

They very clearly said this is how it is going to be (unfortunately). They weren't going to change the entire system from the Preview to public release. It was always about changing root ID for Sony, hence their issue. 

Regardless, as I've been saying. Old ass news. 

That's generally a pretty normal expectation... Why have a beta if you're just going to release it in the same state it was in 6 months ago...

Just now, Nya` said:

That's generally a pretty normal expectation... Why have a beta if you're just going to release it in the same state it was in 6 months ago...

It's a Preview program where features are rolled out earlier to ppl in it. it's more about seeing the issues on a smaller scale before public release, not fundamental infrastructural changes. They announced pricing, dates, everything in October. They said what issues it is going to have 6 months ago. Stop acting surprised. 

It's a Preview program where features are rolled out earlier to ppl in it. it's more about seeing the issues on a smaller scale before public release, not fundamental infrastructural changes. They announced pricing, dates, everything in October. They said what issues it is going to have 6 months ago. Stop acting surprised. 

Yeah.. I don't think so..