Has anyone here been involved in an abortion?

I was and it's one of the most haunting things I've ever been a part of, it's something even 12 years on I still think about on a daily basis and wish I could take back. Back then I wasn't pro-life or pro-choice, I was just young and wasn't thinking. It's one of the reasons I am pro-life now, I don't think anyone can really understand the impact it has unless they had been through it themselves. I know a lot of people bill themselves as pro-choice but I wouldn't wish the result and inability to shake what you've done on anybody.

Honestly this song depicts things perfectly, this is what you think about on a regular basis but it's not just a song; it's real. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Incel Jerry giving advice about sex and relationships

This thread has run its course and is nothing but personal insults now.  Gonna close it up.  Feel free to make a new thread about the same issue (on the politics forum) and stick to the topic.  Have a

Like stepping on a land mine at the border. 

Posted Images

I only had a close pregnancy call that was a false alarm when I was younger and not ready for all that to happen.

I'd probably feel pretty gutted if it was with a women I liked and she didn't want it :] 

Looking back it probably would have been better if it did happen, I wouldn't still be posting here :heh: :dame:

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I only had a close pregnancy call that was a false alarm when I was younger and not ready for all that to happen.

I'd probably feel pretty gutted if it was with a women I liked and she didn't want it :] 

Looking back it probably would have been better if it did happen, I wouldn't still be posting here :heh: :dame:

I was in a really good relationship for two years with the girl this happened with, after the abortion (which was largely pressured by me) everything slowly unraveled over the next year until we eventually broke up. So it's not even just the abortion itself but also what it destroyed in the process. 

4 minutes ago, Nya` said:

I was in a really good relationship for two years with the girl this happened with, after the abortion (which was largely pressured by me) everything slowly unraveled over the next year until we eventually broke up. So it's not even just the abortion itself but also what it destroyed in the process. 

No point to linger on about it even if you can't help it.

You could have had that kid, it could have died in an accident years later, your wife could have been cheating on you and leave with the kid eventually, it could have been all good, you'll never know.

We're always making choices no matter how small like deciding to hit that snooze button or not but we always do it one way, in that sense it was meant to be like this :shrug:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I haven't but I can understand your feelings. I'm heavily pro life, out of all the 'conservative' issues it is by far probably the most I feel strongly about. Even more now as a father. While I haven't been involved in an abortion I have been with a miscarriage and it sucks big time, especially after becoming a parent and seeing what they flourish into. The thoughts of what they could've been never really goes away. It's so easily to disassociate yourself with what a fetus/unborn baby becomes when they are that stage making the decision for abortions so easy for some, but it becomes even more evident when you go through a successful pregnancy and see what they grow into. Just how much life they bring. A person's want or of a child or not doesn't change that. 

It's cool of you to share such a personal thing, especially since it's a side so very rarely heard about. 

• Upvote 1

I missed my kids entire life because momma got full custody and moved across the country . He was basically aborted. Im kinda happy about it looking back on it:diddy:

• Sad 2

Depends on the situation/environment/society/organization. You’re not going to have kids if you can’t support them.

never been involved with an abortion but most male orgasms are abortions.

Edited by Alien Jim
8 hours ago, JONBpc said:

I missed my kids entire life because momma got full custody and moved across the country . He was basically aborted. Im kinda happy about it looking back on it:diddy:

This guy is a proud dead beat dad :scust:

LOL, this really is quite a narcissistic perspective. And I've seen it first-hand from one of my former best-friends who is now just a see-maybe-twice-a-year type of friend.

He gives me this spiel about how his high school sweetheart had aborted his would-be first child. He's telling me this like 10 years after the fact, I had never known (nobody did).

I know his high school girlfriend, and I kept in touch with everything she did after high school, so I saw what happened to both of their lives. The plain fact of the matter was that her girlfriend came from a poor home, was a grade-A student, and was going to college to get a law degree.

If she allowed herself to get knocked up, by him, back in her hometown, she would be living in her same ghetto neighborhood, going nowhere, and her kid would be suffering. (I know that because that's exactly what happened to her very own sister). He ended up having a disastrous marriage to another woman, and has had kids for three different women, and he's avoided paying child support.

I see the high school sweetheart on Facebook, she got her law degree from Baylor U, she married a lawyer who looks like a swell dad-type, they had two girls, they live in Austin quite comfortably, they take photos as a family and post it on facebook all the time and they have smiles from ear to ear.

I never thought much about abortion, but once I was able to piece together that entire narrative, and literally see the change in trajectory in her life, I understood it perfectly. I'm sure it was a very hard decision for her to make at age 18 coming out of high school. But she absolutely got it right. Quite possibly one of the best practical real-world examples for having an abortion. The most humane decision was made.

Seeing my friend mope and feel like he was "wronged" because she made that decision for herself made me lose respect for him. I can understand feeling a little sad every once in a while because it happened and what could've been, but his feeling of entitlement was just pathetic. It truly was narcissistic for him to genuinely believe the things he believed.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL, this really is quite a narcissistic perspective. And I've seen it first-hand from one of my former best-friends who is now just a see-maybe-twice-a-year type of friend.

He gives me this spiel about how his high school sweetheart had aborted his would-be first child. He's telling me this like 10 years after the fact, I had never known (nobody did).

I know his high school girlfriend, and I kept in touch with everything she did after high school, so I saw what happened to both of their lives. The plain fact of the matter was that her girlfriend came from a poor home, was a grade-A student, and was going to college to get a law degree.

If she allowed herself to get knocked up, by him, back in her hometown, she would be living in her same ghetto neighborhood, going nowhere, and her kid would be suffering. (I know that because that's exactly what happened to her very own sister). He ended up having a disastrous marriage to another woman, and has had kids for three different women, and he's avoided paying child support.

I see the high school sweetheart on Facebook, she got her law degree from Baylor U, she married a lawyer who looks like a swell dad-type, they had two girls, they live in Austin quite comfortably, they take photos as a family and post it on facebook all the time and they have smiles from ear to ear.

I never thought much about abortion, but once I was able to piece together that entire narrative, and literally see the change in trajectory in her life, I understood it perfectly. I'm sure it was a very hard decision for her to make at age 18 coming out of high school. But she absolutely got it right. Quite possibly one of the best practical real-world examples for having an abortion. The most humane decision was made.

Seeing my friend mope and feel like he was "wronged" because she made that decision for herself made me lose respect for him. I can understand feeling a little sad every once in a while because it happened and what could've been, but his feeling of entitlement was just pathetic. It truly was narcissistic for him to genuinely believe the things he believed.

What is adoption?

• Remij locked this topic