So I'm getting sued for 500k by an insurance company

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Thank you. Means a lot to me. I am confident I will win. 

Use facts and stick to the truth. Don't let any emotion come through whatever your presenting. Have hard evidence like pictures and possibly look into business's around the area to see if they have security cam footage of the incident. Know what the prosecution will be arguing and start working on counterpoints. Be professional, dress well, and above all stick to hard facts that can be proved with evidence.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is like an old school ghostz thread 

legendary settlement in the making  

by a legendary poster  

You should really go talk to a lawyer. Plenty of law offices offer free consultations and just going through the motions of lawyering up might scare off the insurance company when they figured you'd just settle.

53 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

You should really go talk to a lawyer. Plenty of law offices offer free consultations and just going through the motions of lawyering up might scare off the insurance company when they figured you'd just settle.

That's a good idea. But I doubt they'd be "scared". 

In reality, they aren't "really" going after me. Based on what I read, they are going after someone else with much (much) more money. I am being used as a pawn.

5 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

That's a good idea. But I doubt they'd be "scared". 

In reality, they aren't "really" going after me. Based on what I read, they are going after someone else with much (much) more money. I am being used as a pawn.

Not scared in the literal sense, but if they were expecting an easy settlement and instead you looked like you were prepping for a jury trial with a lawyer they might just balk at the lawsuit outright. Especially if you're not the focus and you're as confident in your innocence as you portray.

The legal system is used entirely too often as a bullying tool, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, lostfool said:

Is everyone involved ok?  Is this property damage or injury or both?

sheepkilla died in the accident

• 2 months later...

So I had a question:

I'm working on a dispositive motion and planning to use the Iqbal standard to legally argue the insufficiency of the complaint. Do FRCP 56 motions require a hearing? If so, how would I schedule that? Anyone know? Thanks. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

So I had a question:

I'm working on a dispositive motion and planning to use the Iqbal standard to legally argue the insufficiency of the complaint. Do FRCP 56 motions require a hearing? If so, how would I schedule that? Anyone know? Thanks. 

This sounds pretty beyond any of us. 

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

So I had a question:

Don't get legal advice from System Wars. 

If you're hell bent on getting advice from the internet then go to the legaladvice subreddit where actual lawyers lurk and answer questions but even then they will tell you to get a lawyer

My only advice is to not sweat it till the day before an actual court hearing with real consequence occurs. Be a shameful waste of energy to sweat things then get off, because they see you're a lamen with not much to do. 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

So I had a question:

On 2019-07-11 at 2:42 PM, SheepKilla said:

So I had a question:

Yes

On 2019-04-12 at 10:15 AM, jehurey said:

It was probably a chain accident.

And I used to think that the only person that can claim anything against you is the party that directly touches your car, but that may not be true anymore.

Not true if you are the cause of the chain reaction