Jim Sterling - The Elder Scrolls Blades - Cynically Greedy Mobile Garbage

I don't have much experience with free to play games, because I almost never play any mobile games at all.

But it had gotten pretty stuck for me for a bit about a week ago.

Jim Sterling had to release this video now, because they changed the game to have Silver Chests timer go from 3hr to 1hr, and for side missions, the "mystery chest" was always another silver chest, so you always got so many silver chests that it filled up your limit. Well now, they have it where you can get a Wooden chest (that only has a 5 second time or only cost 1 green gem) or a Golden Chest (which has a 6 hr timer, but will have better loot in it).

Game is more tolerable now. At this point, there are other things that might end up getting in your way. Shop dealers that don't have any fucking money so you can't sell your stuff. The timer's for building stuff in your town and upgrading your shops. They start becoming cumbersome.

If it look like I can complete the main story missions, I'll probably stop there.

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

I don't have much experience with free to play games, because I almost never play any mobile games at all.

But it had gotten pretty stuck for me for a bit about a week ago.

Jim Sterling had to release this video now, because they changed the game to have Silver Chests timer go from 3hr to 1hr, and for side missions, the "mystery chest" was always another silver chest, so you always got so many silver chests that it filled up your limit. Well now, they have it where you can get a Wooden chest (that only has a 5 second time or only cost 1 green gem) or a Golden Chest (which has a 6 hr timer, but will have better loot in it).

Game is more tolerable now. At this point, there are other things that might end up getting in your way. Shop dealers that don't have any fucking money so you can't sell your stuff. The timer's for building stuff in your town and upgrading your shops. They start becoming cumbersome.

If it look like I can complete the main story missions, I'll probably stop there.

What level are you at now? Haven’t played since we last spoke. I have been playing clash royale for years, though. 

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

What level are you at now? Haven’t played since we last spoke. I have been playing clash royale for years, though. 

Level 20, I can level up to Level 21 when I want.

Some missions are locked, and cannot be played unless I upgrade my entire Town to a higher level. If they keep on doing that, then I won't be playing it much longer.

'Elder Scrolls Blades' Is A Glimpse Into The Potential Dystopian Future Of AAA Games

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta..._source=share&utm_medium=ios_app#4a309d5c7697

The more I play Elder Scrolls Blades, the more I’m convinced it’s some sort of psychological test to see how often the game can trigger players by forcing them to pay for…literally every possible thing you could ever pay for in a game.

Blades plays like a gamer’s worst nightmare of the over-monetization of AAA video games. It’s a look at what an Elder Scrolls title, or really any RPG, might look like if only those pesky console and PC players would just tolerate all the crap that mobile players put up with. But even for a mobile game, this takes things to a level I have rarely seen before

i remember when the concept of F2P games was so appealing I would try so many different ones just because they cost nothing. Now, i go out my way to avoid that business model even if the games look interesting to me. Of course there are exceptions here and there, GWENT being an excellent one.

Edited by Twinblade