Apex Legends on major decline

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/4/12/18300950/apex-legends-content-decline-update-patch-fortnite

Looks like Shawn Layden is spot on about Sony not needing to chase trends and GAAS for the sake of it.

That's dumb.  The game has made, and is still making, huge money for EA.  These games are dirt cheap to make and can potentially bring in huge money.

Sony would love to have a game like this.

16 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's dumb.  The game has made, and is still making, huge money for EA.  These games are dirt cheap to make and can potentially bring in huge money.

Sony would love to have a game like This.

Even single player Sony gamers are saying Sony needs an MP GAAS game. But they are a platform holder they are better off trying to satisfy a less crowded MP market. No nee to compete with third parties directly. That's why I think they need a shooter loot game personally.

there will always be a small playerbase for battle royal games but I assume they will jump from game to game. apex, pugg and fortnite will die eventually.

and yea sony doesn't have to chase these trends. garbo games for garbo people like vino 

Edited by kaz

These games are bizarre to me. Why limit it to one mode? Fortnite eventually opened it up, but why so limited on release? How hard to release a 50 v 50 mode or shit like capture the flag?

people like the game, it’s just..... the exact same thing over and over is boring.